News   Apr 23, 2024
 758     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 413     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Interesting, the other day I took the TTC after taking the GO to Union Station and took another (non-transfer) trip shortly thereafter. Even though I expected to be charged a full $3 for that second trip because I thought I already "used" my GO co-fare, I was only charged $1.50 for it as well. I guess you can take as many trips with the subsidized fare on the TTC so long as it's within 2 hours upon tapping off the GO?

Interesting, the other day I took the TTC after taking the GO to Union Station and took another (non-transfer) trip shortly thereafter. Even though I expected to be charged a full $3 for that second trip because I thought I already "used" my GO co-fare, I was only charged $1.50 for it as well. I guess you can take as many trips with the subsidized fare on the TTC so long as it's within 2 hours upon tapping off the GO?
Can you provide a screenshot?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.36.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.36.02 PM.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 387
We may find out what TTC think they will do next week. This Report coming to Board.

The purpose of this report is to advise that a report entitled “PRESTO Update and Transition Overview” will be on the agenda for the June 12, 2018 meeting of the TTC Board.

A few Highlights in CEO Report:
• Fare gate installation completed by end of June, except for the Commerce Court entrance at King Station and the main entrance at Yorkdale Station, which will both be finished with other construction projects;
• PRESTO fare card vending machines at all subway station main entrances by end of June with full station coverage by end of October;
• Adult 12 month pass available on PRESTO on May 25;
• Two-hour transfer available on PRESTO by August 26;
• Youth, Post-Secondary pass available on PRESTO by August 26;
• Youth and Senior 12 month pass available on PRESTO by August 26;
• The PRESTO single ticket (previously referred to as Limited Use Media or LUM), will be fully available by June 2019.
• Tickets and tokens sales end August 2019

Last edited:
The PRESTO single ticket (previously referred to as Limited Use Media or LUM), will be fully available by June 2019

Having presto single ticket still a year away is ridiculous
It does seem a long time and I assume that as long as we have the current non-PRESTO tickets we will need to have transfers.

When will we get a "threshold" pass on Presto? Auto setting for daily, weekly, and monthly on PRESTO, without having to prepay for those passes?
I think it's been said a few time that the TTC is only looking at a daily and weekly rate capo. If you want a monthly pass by a metropass on your Presto card.

Presto is circulating a survey right now on different options for showing fare balance on TTC machines. It seems like those "accessibility concerns" might have been nonsense all this time.

Back