News   Jul 12, 2024
 953     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 834     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 338     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Mind me asking but what's the problem with that? Also, notice Lawerence East and Gerrard stations are no longer on the map.

Makes sense, the 3 stop Scarborough Subway having a Lawrence stop and the Ontario Line now going to where Gerrard RER station would be make the stops redundant.

Mind me asking but what's the problem with that? Also, notice Lawerence East and Gerrard stations are no longer on the map.

The map only shows "stations of interest", usually interchange stations or end stations. This is why McCowan and Scarborough Center are present but not Lawrence East. Furthermore, if you go to the Toronto page and look at the planned Toronto transit map, you'll notice that Lawrence is present on the extension. As for Gerrard, I have no idea, but there hasn't been any announcement of it being canned so for now I'm fairly sure that's still on the table.

I find it odd they've decided to de-colour the routes outside of the region they're focusing on.

Whether or not to build Gerrard and Lawrence RER stations is all wrapped up in subway schemes. Neither really is needed if the corresponding subway plan station is built. With Gerrard, it may not be feasible to build the cross-platform transfer station they want without adopting a long, convoluted route with even more large curves than the ridiculous alignment already has. Because the Ontario Line plans are being developed in secret so that they can be revealed as a fait accompli, too late to change anything, we don't yet know what's up with Gerrard. Why would the taxpayers need to know? None of our business. Remember, the real Doug Ford signed off on this process, not the cuddly covid buddy we are seeing now.

Reactions: DSC
I'd love to see the TTC or Metrolinx do something like this, but there's a fat chance of that ever happening in our lifetimes, if at all, at least with their current leadership. Especially since it seems like Translink has been doing things much better than the TTC or Metrolinx have in a while, at least in regards to general operations and expansion priorities, among other things.

See https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/mayor-john-torys-toronto.20871/post-1563897

If they have to change the name of Dundas Street, they'll have to change the name of the 505 DUNDAS streetcar, and two or three of the subway stations.

If we go with "St. Patrick Avenue" since "St. Patrick Street" exists, there would be no need to change "St. Patrick Station". We may have to change "Dundas Station" to "St. Patrick East" Station, and "Dundas West Station" to "St. Patrick West Station".

See https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/mayor-john-torys-toronto.20871/post-1563897

If they have to change the name of Dundas Street, they'll have to change the name of the 505 DUNDAS streetcar, and two or three of the subway stations.

I propose we name it after the 1st practical steamboat (2nd to exist, 1st with power to do something useful); the Charlotte Dundas or Dundas for short.

Cherry-picking a single street seems like a token gesture anyway. What about George street which would have been a reference to King George III who oversaw roughly 1.6million slaves transported out of Africa into Britain? King Street (named for the same)?

Also a fun fact, Jarvis street is named after someone who by today's standards would have been convicted of 1st degree murder; they held a proper duel so he was acquitted despite it not really being legal.

Last edited:
I propose we name it after the 1st practical steamboat (2nd to exist, 1st with power to do something useful); the Charlotte Dundas or Dundas for short.

Cherry-picking a single street seems like a token gesture. What about George street which would have been a reference to King George III who oversaw roughly 1.6million slaves transported out of Africa into Britain? King Street (named for the same)?

Also a fun fact, Jarvis street is named after someone who by today's standards would have been convicted of 1st degree murder; they held a proper duel so he was acquitted despite it not really being legal.
just number every single street!

Last edited by a moderator:
just number every single street!

Or lets not.

That's boring.

The Americans often do that with schools too. "I went to PS #88!" Ugh.

They also number their congressional districts.

Terribly tedious.

Back