News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Question 1 seems easy to answer "Asking why there is no two way service to Bramalea is the same answer as for any point west of there. When we bought various parts of the corridor to create a fractured ownership in the corridor we neglected to purchase the entryway from the East into Bramalea. So that station is inside the part of the corridor owned by CN. "

That would make the answer to Question 9. Equally easy "See Question 1 above." (note: it will actually be answered with a long winded, detail free, discussion about the long term plans/commitment and the bypass". )

With all due respect, I bet you either won't get a straight answer, or their answer won't matter as Dougie can have other plans.
Or they won’t even get to the question at the town hall and will need to answer it online, which may have a less complete answer.

Just said at the town hall that a further RER service plan will be published next week.

Also, Scarborough Junction is about to get a grade separation - either via a trench or bridge.

For the Kitchener Line "watch this space". I'll have to watch the video to see the exact quote.

I’m on the road and bandwidth-challenged this week.... can’t watch the whole town hall tape. Did the media cover this at all? Has anyone summarised anywhere?

For the record, I asked some direct questions about the status of Kitchener, (but probably guaranteed they would be deep-sixed by suggesting I wanted actual detail, not platitudes.) Wondering if ML showed any sensitivity to the desire for straight goods.?

- Paul

^ Phil did provide an answer on the Kitchener Line and noted the sensitivity of the discussions with CN Rail. But as I said above, there seemed to be a hint that there would be new information in a few weeks or months. I can't remember the exact language but see below re YouTube.

I didn't see any media but maybe they were watching the livestream. There were two Kitchener Line questions answered from the online submissions and one from the floor which focused on more bus connections. The videos are usually posted to Metrolinx's YouTube channel.

I’m on the road and bandwidth-challenged this week.... can’t watch the whole town hall tape. Did the media cover this at all? Has anyone summarised anywhere?

- Paul

Which takes around a week to be uploaded. They used to keep the videos of the live-streams available at their Livestream page, but I guess they need time to edit or review the stream before making it permanent.

Much faster this time. Here's the video:

Just said at the town hall that a further RER service plan will be published next week.

Also, Scarborough Junction is about to get a grade separation - either via a trench or bridge.

For the Kitchener Line "watch this space". I'll have to watch the video to see the exact quote.

To further clarify on this, the RER document that will soon be public will be the business case for GO expansion which includes both service and infrastructure. I'm not sure how exactly it differs from this GO RER BCA, but I'll see if I can learn more.

For Scarbogo Junction, apparently there was some uncertainty, or at the very least nothing publicly specific, about the need for a grade separation. A question was asked about the reliability of the Stouffville Line/Lakeshore East line and in response it was noted that a rail-over-rail or rail-under-rail grade separation is being studied for here.

The quote comes just after the 54M mark.

It includes a reference to 'in the next couple of weeks.

The quote comes just after the 54M mark.

It includes a reference to 'in the next couple of weeks.
He sidestepped Munro's admittedly loaded question, and he (Verster) was more than a little disingenuous with his answer (gist) "This happens everywhere". It doesn't, or other cities (metropolitan areas) wouldn't be a generation or more ahead. It may happen by degree, but the GTHA and Metrolinx are noted for being political pawns.

Verster's (gist) "planning and overviews are now more accountable than a year and a half ago" is perplexing.

Back