News   Mar 28, 2024
 152     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 596     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

^ There's an opening day planned on May 25-26th? Is this being advertised somewhere?

Nothing yet for Open Doors Toronto. See link.

Explore Toronto’s Buildings May 25 – 26, 2019
The 20th annual Doors Open Toronto presented by Great Gulf returns on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 to showcase some of the most architecturally, historically, culturally and socially significant buildings across the city.

This year’s anniversary theme is “20 Something,” celebrating the first 20 years of Doors Open Toronto while looking forward to the next 20 years.

A full schedule of activities will be available on May 1, 2019.

I said "IF" and something some have talked about that could happen. Don't know what TTC planning this year for Open Door on May 25-26.

Mount Dennis station is the most advance station in the system and next to the yard that would give the public a first hand view what coming their way in a few years. Grading and backfilling required at the Weston Rd entrance, as well a sidewalk.

What I saw on Sunday, looks like the elevator is being install at the east entrance to get to the centre platform.
Don’t expect the elevator to be accessible during Doors Open, even for the year of opening. Elevators and escalators need to be approved and will probably only be available at grand opening.

Don’t expect the elevator to be accessible during Doors Open, even for the year of opening. Elevators and escalators need to be approved and will probably only be available at grand opening.

Exactly at York University and Downsview park for Doors open they had them both closed off and only the stairs were available.

Newest delivery:

"Just saw a Crosstown LRV being unloaded at Mount Dennis facility. Looks like it came in on a yellow flatbed truck/trailer.
The joys of riding the UPX!" Link below. Ignore the caption.

does anyone have any new updates and photos of the freedoms? Has bbr delivered any new cars or fulfilled its promised 6 yet?

Does anyone else think these sound eerily familiar to the T1/Hx subway trains when accelerating or decelerating, rather than the flexity freedom/outlook?

I noticed that too, but I wonder of it's partially due to the fact trains enter and leave the station at subway-like speeds. The TTC streetcars and ION flexities enter at much lower speeds due to pedestrians crossing tracks etc. We'll know with the Crosstown, since at least underground they too should be entering the station at high speed

Back