News   May 03, 2024
 312     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 269     0 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

Everyone I've talked to is annoyed at her for bailing on the trustee job so quickly, but I am worried that she had enough people to vote her in and they may come out in full force to vote for her as councillor.

Parthi has put up a decent amount of signs but she has outdone everyone.

Someone on Facebook said her dad owns a number of numbered companies and implies the family is well off. Who knows. All I know is I am sick of seeing her face everywhere.

Another person said Parthi's signs that were in an area of Brimley have all disappeared. I wouldn't put it past her or her team for doing this but of course I have no proof. I am not sure who I'll be voting for but it definitely won't be her.

I also wonder, if she wins, there are 3 years left in her term, will we have an election to replace her as trustee? I don't know if they'll just appoint someone.

Excerpt from Malika Ghous campaign brochure received in my mailbox today. :mad:

IMG_6390.jpeg

Is that a picture of a bike lane in Scarborough Southwest? :D
Good comment!

"I will stop adding any NEW bike lanes on major streets in Scarborough Southwest." Well Malika, with a couple of minor very short sections, there are none to add to. I'm glad she made her position so clear before I voted.

Last edited:
Good comment!

"I will stop adding any NEW bike lanes on major streets in Scarborough Southwest." Well Malika, with a couple of minor sections, there are none to add to. I'm glad she made her position so clear before I voted.

Her comment may have been in reference to the previously existing bicycle lanes on Birchmount which made driving on that stretch south of St Clair a living hell. It slowed traffic considerably and made access to local buildings problematic. They were removed after public outcry.

The bike lanes on Birchmount turned it from 2 lanes each way to 1.

Her comment may have been in reference to the previously existing bicycle lanes on Birchmount which made driving on that stretch south of St Clair a living hell. It slowed traffic considerably and made access to local buildings problematic. They were removed after public outcry.

The bike lanes on Birchmount turned it from 2 lanes each way to 1.

1) There are no bike lanes on major roads in Scarborough South West currently, nor have there been for many, many years.

2) As noted in the past, Birchmount was only problematic for the small stretch between Danforth Road and St. Clair, the rest functioned just fine as did Pharmacy.

3) The real concern here is that Ghous is clearly opposing the extension of the Danforth Cycle Tracks, and their continuation on to Kingston Road.

She's a poor candidate w/limited life experience and platform positions contrary to the best interests of the residents she would seek to represent. I do hope she is defeated, preferably, soundly.

Last edited:
1) There are no bike lanes on major roads in Scarborough South West currently, nor have their bin for many, many years.

2) As noted in the past, Birchmount was only problematic for the small stretch between Danforth Road and St. Clair, the rest functioned just fine as did Pharmacy.

3) The real concern here is that Ghous is clearly opposing the extension of the Danforth Cycle Tracks, and their continuation on to Kingston Road.

She's a poor candidate w/limited life experience and platform positions contrary to the best interests of the residents she would seek to represent. I do hope she is defeated, preferably, soundly.

She strikes me as the "Social Media" Candidate like Norm Kelly was. She wants to build a name for herself without any regard for the people she would be serving.

If she gets elected, expect to find her on Tiktok, Instagram and Facebook promoting her life at City Hall.

She strikes me as the "Social Media" Candidate like Norm Kelly was. She wants to build a name for herself without any regard for the people she would be serving.

If she gets elected, expect to find her on Tiktok, Instagram and Facebook promoting her life at City Hall.
I am really concerned that Suman, Parthi, Kevin and maybe Anna will split the vote and she'll sneak in.

Also, can a councillor really stop something in their ward, or just try to?

Also, can a councillor really stop something in their ward, or just try to?

Does she have a 'veto' ? No.

On most ward-specific issues would she have deference from City Council? Yes.

Though that is not always the case.

In Respect of Malika Ghous..........

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.
Wow.

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.
Any takeaways for those without access to linkedin?

Back