News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Probably an instance of pragmatism since the Scarborough-Agincourt wouldn't have a representative otherwise, and running a by-election would be impossible until all avenues are exhaused and he gets permanently booted from office.

Probably an instance of pragmatism since the Scarborough-Agincourt wouldn't have a representative otherwise, and running a by-election would be impossible until all avenues are exhaused and he gets permanently booted from office.
I strongky doubt the Supreme Court will hear his appeal, it has no national significance.

Heeee's BACK

And you just know he will get all his legal expenses paid by the city. This is the same set of clowns that choose their own benefit packages every year as well as setting in place any redundancy packages ahead of elections, just in case the voters get some sense and vote for somebody else. Remember the commitment to reform when Tory became Mayor? You know term limits, conduct of behaviour, and the biggie - recall powers, all distant memories.

And you just know he will get all his legal expenses paid by the city. This is the same set of clowns that choose their own benefit packages every year as well as setting in place any redundancy packages ahead of elections, just in case the voters get some sense and vote for somebody else. Remember the commitment to reform when Tory became Mayor? You know term limits, conduct of behaviour, and the biggie - recall powers, all distant memories.

Speaking of, aren't city councillors just about due for a pay raise (well above inflation, of course)? You all know they'll have no qualms about implementing one, despite the horrible optics.

Speaking of, aren't city councillors just about due for a pay raise (well above inflation, of course)? You all know they'll have no qualms about implementing one, despite the horrible optics.

Toronto just voted to freeze Councillor and Mayoral salary at its last meeting.

1596810920924.png

It's not an easy thing to be a councillor, I wouldn't do it. Having said that I can't abide the current 25. The area around St Lawrence Market was deemed a Seniors Safety Zone and then the homeless shelter was installed at 98 The Esplanade. Now the city has removed a bench that sat near the Esplanade and Church, so there is your seniors safety zone, don't get tired Grandma there is no place for you to sit. Paging Councillors, your local constituents have opinions that don't gel with your narrow agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tale of our noble legal system in action
feb 2015 21 year old man arrested in North Bay various drug charges as well as breach probation order, recognizance
dec 2016 machete attack in North Bay after bar fight spent 408 days in jail but credited with 612 released after guilty plea
Jan 2018 probation for 24 months, banned from weapons 10 years, 30 days sentence for driving drunk
fast forward to Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:30 pm (broad daylight) the same man was arrested at Polson Pier and charged with
assault
uttering threats
Unauthorized possession of a firearm
possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
possession of restricted firearm knowing no authority
careless storage of a firearm (it fell out of his trousers while struggling with secuity)
carry concealed weapon
weapons dangerous to public peace
obstruct peace officer
3 counts possession for purpose of trafficking
possession of proceeds of crime
fail to comply with probation
2 counts possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
possession of restricted firearm with ammunition

Cops went off and found his little friend, 19 yr old Sudbury man in a 2020 Blue Lamborghini SUV and then charged him.

There are not even mugshots for these charmers.

This is what goes on in nightclubs and not one word in the media. These clowns are wondering around causing mayhem and the courts just set them loose again.
The most recent murder of an innocent man in Scarborough was probably nothing more than a sales demonstration or christening for a new weapon, maybe the price goes up if it
has killed someone? That's why these highway shootings are so hard to solve, they are nothing more than target practise.

Another tale of our noble legal system in action
feb 2015 21 year old man arrested in North Bay various drug charges as well as breach probation order, recognizance
dec 2016 machete attack in North Bay after bar fight spent 408 days in jail but credited with 612 released after guilty plea
Jan 2018 probation for 24 months, banned from weapons 10 years, 30 days sentence for driving drunk
fast forward to Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:30 pm (broad daylight) the same man was arrested at Polson Pier and charged with
assault
uttering threats
Unauthorized possession of a firearm
possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
possession of restricted firearm knowing no authority
careless storage of a firearm (it fell out of his trousers while struggling with secuity)
carry concealed weapon
weapons dangerous to public peace
obstruct peace officer
3 counts possession for purpose of trafficking
possession of proceeds of crime
fail to comply with probation
2 counts possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
possession of restricted firearm with ammunition

Cops went off and found his little friend, 19 yr old Sudbury man in a 2020 Blue Lamborghini SUV and then charged him.

There are not even mugshots for these charmers.

This is what goes on in nightclubs and not one word in the media. These clowns are wondering around causing mayhem and the courts just set them loose again.
The most recent murder of an innocent man in Scarborough was probably nothing more than a sales demonstration or christening for a new weapon, maybe the price goes up if it
has killed someone? That's why these highway shootings are so hard to solve, they are nothing more than target practise.

Its strange to me what you take from all that.

Your first instance from 2015 describes no violent acts; its unclear to me what his probation was for; and what condition he breached (But I'll wager it was possessing the drugs on the latter). I consider that to be charge stacking.

I also don't support any criminal charges, nor do I view it as a crime (morally) to possess drugs for one's personal use.

The 2016 incident is clearly violent, and serious; you don't identify what he was charged with, which means I can't assess a fair sentence.

But serving over 1 year in prison is no small matter.

It may be entirely inadequate, but I think that would depend on a wide variety of circumstances (how seriously injured was the victim, for a start; was the fight mutual, and did the victim have a weapon etc?)

The January 2018 matter was clearly not properly handled; but while I might favour more serious action, I'm also not sure I would have favoured substantially longer prison.

I'd be interested in community service; and seizure of the car he was driving (if it was his); if it was not (but taken legally) I'd still impound it 30 days tell the owner if they loan out their keys again, they lose the car, and the right to own or lease one.

The latest charges are serious indeed and do indicate no reasonable choice but a long prison term.

That, however, should be sad.

It means we failed to get through to, and help this man turn his life around at an earlier stage.

I'd love to know if he was offered proper addiction treatment for alcoholism or drugs, at gov't expense.

I'd love to know if he was offered education/employment training while in jail.

I'd love to know if he was set up with a potential (legal) job, before leaving prison, and if proper housing was found for him before he was paroled.

If the answer is yes to the above; and the man failed to take those opportunities, its all on him.

But, if as I suspect, we offered little or none of the above............what did we expect him to do when he got out?

Finally, on the media............you do realize he was not charged with murder, and there are more than a dozen comparable arrests most days in Toronto.

If the news is going to cover every arrest for assault or possession of a weapon, they'll be nothing else on the news.

Also can you link this to John Toronto, or the City of Toronto as a government in any way?

Because I could swear this is about Criminal Law (Federal); Courts (Provincial); and Jail/Prison (both, but likely provincial based on his sentence)

Rumours are flying that the City's long overdue report on the future of its Golf Courses is imminent.

Further that it will likely recommend closing some or all of them, in favour of parks and housing.

Back