News   Apr 26, 2024
 830     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 750     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

That's exactly what the radical activists are pushing for.

Radical, by definition, is not mainstream. Just because you see someone posting on Twitter does not mean their opinion is being given serious weight.

I'm not seeing the thoughtful voices echoed in the mainstream.

City Council just had an extensive debate; the most 'radical' proposal was a request for a report on a possible budget cut of up to 10% beginning in 2021.

There was much calm discussion. Its out there if that's what you seek.

Also, accusing someone of trolling because they have a different opinion (and not even that far out in my view) is just lame, especially given your previous post about being tolerant of a wide range of opinion.

I have accused no one of trolling for having a different opinion that my own.

I have accused people of trolling for failing to read; for commenting on judges, or politicians, crime or any other issue without being accurate; without knowing what they were talking about, without having any citations to support their view (evidence).

You may believe all opinions should be given equal weight. I do not.

I believe people should be open minded to hear their facts challenged by evidence; and to consider new evidence.

I offer this quote to sum up my view:

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison

Radical, by definition, is not mainstream. Just because you see someone posting on Twitter does not mean their opinion is being given serious weight.

Oh, I don't know about that. What I've seen from working in and around media and academia - the radicals hold the reins in certain spheres.

City Council just had an extensive debate; the most 'radical' proposal was a request for a report on a possible budget cut of up to 10% beginning in 2021.

There was much calm discussion. Its out there if that's what you seek.

I have accused no one of trolling for having a different opinion that my own.

I have accused people of trolling for failing to read; for commenting on judges, or politicians, crime or any other issue without being accurate; without knowing what they were talking about, without having any citations to support their view (evidence).

You may believe all opinions should be given equal weight. I do not.

I believe people should be open minded to hear their facts challenged by evidence; and to consider new evidence.

I offer this quote to sum up my view:

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison

I don't believe all opinions hold equal weight. But that doesn't mean you convince people by screaming at them. I'm not saying you do this. But most of our activist citizens do so and they are increasingly dictating the terms and tenor of the debate (if it can be called that). It's not just about the substance of any given proposal, but also how said proposal is conveyed. In other words, it matters how something is said, not just what is said.

Well, luckily, most people are quite reasonable and as reasonable people aren't the type to think that moaning the loudest makes one right.

I hope that thought makes you feel better.

^Yes lol but like I said, the loudest and craziest are the ones running the show on both sides of the aisle.

^Yes lol but like I said, the loudest and craziest are the ones running the show on both sides of the aisle.

Let them think they run the show all they want. In the end, the squeaky wheel that isn't satisfied with endless amounts of grease gets the kick!

We're just stupid apes for the most part. Still stuck on old power games and screaming to show dominance. Just see them for what they are: primitives.

Your first mistake is destroying all nuance by seeing it as being to sides of an aisle and not just a bunch of apes of varying degrees of apeness with various opinions and beliefs.

Apes. Our great ancestors live through us still. :)

^trust me I'm well aware that much of politics is driven by our emotions and deep seated biological drives. And of course tribalism is not limited to any one group or side. It's just that's not the point I was making above but I hear you.

Toronto's problems now extend to Stouffville. The arrests of 2 suspected killers in the leafy burbs was an accident. Search warrant at 132 Spofford Drive ($1m+ homes, so new not even on Google yet) Whitchurch-Stouffville was for drug/gang connection. Admittedly it only turned up one gun, $6k and 1oz of cocaine but hey it was a slow day. Imagine if you had gone next door to borrow their lawn mower.

Toronto's problems now extend to Stouffville. The arrests of 2 suspected killers in the leafy burbs was an accident. Search warrant at 132 Spofford Drive ($1m+ homes, so new not even on Google yet) Whitchurch-Stouffville was for drug/gang connection. Admittedly it only turned up one gun, $6k and 1oz of cocaine but hey it was a slow day.

Just 1oz of cocaine?!

Man, that IS a slow day.

Imagine if you had gone next door to borrow their lawn mower.

That'd be awesome. Borrow a lawn mower and get tossed a free line of yays as a tester! Nice little pep in your Saturday afternoon step as you trundle back to your patch of suburban waste of space to waste some time mowing the damn thing. It'd make doing those shitty chores so much better.

Interesting figures on automated speed cameras (and info on an implementation screw-up, since corrected.) Someone got EIGHT tickets at same location. YES, it was in Etobicoke which may explain why their Councillors are usually opposed to anything that slows cars down!!

What cracks me up is the demonstrator who insisted the mayor had to tell the police to release their friends, who had vandalised a statue. Actually said that on camera - where they were educated I don't know but I sure as hell know the mayor has NO POWER to tell the cops who to arrest or release or indeed to tell landlords who they can or can not evict for non-payment of rent. I may not be a big city lawyer but I know that much, once these idiots start making demands like that all you can do is laugh.

That reminds me of the video of some protest in the US where the protestors are cussing police and all that ACAB hate speech bollocks when one of theirs is assaulted by some random dude and they start calling for the police to intervene and help.
So which is it?

Brainless trash.

That reminds me of the video of some protest in the US where the protestors are cussing police and all that ACAB hate speech bollocks when one of theirs is assaulted by some random dude and they start calling for the police to intervene and help.
So which is it?

Brainless trash.
Crybullies, IMO.

And often times the Antifa-sort are the ones doing the assaulting in the first place, or the ones looking to 'dox' others based on spurious rumors.

Crybullies, IMO.

And often times the Antifa-sort are the ones doing the assaulting in the first place, or the ones looking to 'dox' others based on spurious rumors.

Antifa are mostly useless wankers. A bunch of noise and stupid ideas. Spent a bit of time with their central European iteration and came away a bit drunk and none the wiser.

Back