News   Jul 15, 2024
 266     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 524     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 625     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Wilson Ave in my area is finally back to 4 lanes after they have come by and removed the snow piles from the curbside lanes.
Sidewalks were clear the day after the storm as a comparison.

I see security may need to be increased at Toronto Fire Stations...

I guess fire trucks don't have keys, do they?

So I watched the Global news report on this:

A couple of notes:

1) The Fire Station bay door was closed, the woman drove the truck through the door.

2) There was a conflicted set of facts discussed in the story:

a) One statement made was that a fire crew heard the commotion and came running
b) Another statement was made that the fire crew normally assigned to the Beach Station was working out of another Fire Hall nearby.

So the woman did not walk in an open fire hall door; but the exact location of the crew that was supposed to be present needs to be clarified.

This is VERY slow snow removal, even for Toronto!
BROADVIEW AVE From EASTERN AVE To DANFORTH AVE

Toronto-TMC: Curb lane will be occupied due to a slow moving mobile snow removal operation. This work will be conducted by Dufferin Construction.

Closure Type:Construction (Planned)

Time Frame:Continuous

Until:Feb 28, 2022 at 07:00 p.m.

Impact:Moderate

Road Class:Minor Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor Dufferin Construction Company

ID:R142663

This is VERY slow snow removal, even for Toronto!
BROADVIEW AVE From EASTERN AVE To DANFORTH AVE

Toronto-TMC: Curb lane will be occupied due to a slow moving mobile snow removal operation. This work will be conducted by Dufferin Construction.

Closure Type:Construction (Planned)

Time Frame:Continuous

Until:Feb 28, 2022 at 07:00 p.m.

Impact:Moderate

Road Class:Minor Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor Dufferin Construction Company

ID:R142663

How many weeks after the storm?? Might as well wait for it to melt at this glacial pace.

How many weeks after the storm?? Might as well wait for it to melt at this glacial pace.

Expect flooding due to snow, I mean ice, covered storm sewers.

From link.

Messy mix of wintry weather beginning late Wednesday.

Hazards:
Rain, 10 to 25 mm, late Wednesday through Thursday afternoon.
Freezing rain mixed with ice pellets possible, Thursday afternoon and evening.
Snow, Thursday evening through Friday morning. Snowfall amounts 4 to 8 cm.
Local blowing snow Thursday overnight.

This has probably been posted on UT before but I just came across it. VERY depressing!

1645196595935.png

This has probably been posted on UT before but I just came across it. VERY depressing!

View attachment 380847
That's because the rich elite need someone else to pay for their privilege to use their luxury cars. The 905ers thank the 416ers to let them use the Gardiner for free, without paying for using it with property taxes nor tolls.

Anyone interested in the importance of surveys (of the land surveying kind) might find this case interesting:

and

Clearly a very expensive mess for someone! Who owns the wall? (I tried looking at the site on GoogleStreetview but the wall appears to be behind the houses so is not visible.)

let me know when Toronto's transit map looks like this..
No transit improvements for the dense downtown, just for the sprawling suburbs.

This is what is needed for Toronto's downtown. Streetcar transit malls and bus transit malls. Limiting deliveries to certain hours.

Angers-Light-Rail-Shared-Space.jpg
From link.

No transit improvements for the dense downtown, just for the sprawling suburbs.

This is what is needed for Toronto's downtown. Streetcar transit malls and bus transit malls. Limiting deliveries to certain hours.

Angers-Light-Rail-Shared-Space.jpg
From link.
The centre of Strasbourg is pretty much pedestrian-only; they have similar streetcars that go through pedestrian areas. It was quite a change from a few years before, when traffic was allowed. And in Reims, their streetcars have a ground-level power supply that is perfectly safe for pedestrians. I happened to be there on the day it was inaugurated. Not sure that would work here, but the lack of overhead wires is refreshing.

Back