News   Apr 23, 2024
 44     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 561     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 404     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

I just came back from Singapore. Not a homeless person, or any litter or infrastructure neglect to be seen. And no they don’t lock up the homeless, they just ensure everyone is housed by the government. But that will just invite some to tell us why Singapore is a bad example.
I mean it is a poor example. 100% of taxes that are collected from Singaporeans are invested in Singapore.

In Toronto, approximately 50% of our taxes go to the Feds, and 40% go to the province. The City is left with 10% (basically property taxes) to invest in itself.

I mean it is a poor example. 100% of taxes that are collected from Singaporeans are invested in Singapore.

In Toronto, approximately 50% of our taxes go to the Feds, and 40% go to the province. The City is left with 10% (basically property taxes) to invest in itself.

The littering law (which includes chewing gum) requires a fine of $500 to $1,000 US Dollars (USD) for first time offenders. Repeat offenders may be fined up to $2,000 USD and assigned a Corrective Work Order (CWO). See link for other fines in Singapore that is revenue for Singapore. BTW. Selling gum can bring a first time penalty as high as $100,000 or a prison sentence of up to two years.

Mayor McWords:

DmWNHLHWsAAHqfS.jpg

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/1037390553414086656

Tory is kinda right, you know. You do have to be diplomatic in order to get things done with the help of other levels of government.

For example, I, personally would have told Ford to s*** his m****. I'm not sure it'd be very helpful though, in the grand scheme of things.

Do not ever count on John Tory to stand up for Toronto.

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.44 PM.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 758
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.31.56 PM.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 804
Tory is kinda right, you know. You do have to be diplomatic in order to get things done with the help of other levels of government.

For example, I, personally would have told Ford to s*** his m****. I'm not sure it'd be very helpful though, in the grand scheme of things.
EC8E7B8E-8F43-4154-8EE1-9FA1B5E46BC1.jpeg

Attachments

• EC8E7B8E-8F43-4154-8EE1-9FA1B5E46BC1.jpeg
    EC8E7B8E-8F43-4154-8EE1-9FA1B5E46BC1.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 572
spineless bastard.

I'm officially on the "f*** John Tory" train. Keesmaat has my vote secured.

Me too. He's playing right into her hands that he's a meek leader.

Even Mel Lastman, for all his faults, would've at least fought this tooth and nail.

Here’s an article from the Star on our mayor’s capitulation to Doug.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gt...park-to-pass-bill-31-as-soon-as-possible.html

"Tory applauded Ford for recalling MPPs for a rare weekend sitting to debate the bill and notwithstanding clause that overrides the court ruling that a mid-election council cut infringes charter rights of voters and candidates.

“The sooner it can get passed, then (elections staff) will have that certainty that allows them to proceed. But I think it can be done and I think it is in the best interests of the city to have the election on ... Oct. 22, so that we can get on with the budget and get on with the transit and on with the work we have to do even with the very same provincial government,” Tory said."

Wow.

Just as I figured. There's no way Tory wants the election delayed - then the new SSE cost comes out and he has some major explaining to do.

It's sad that he's willing to sacrifice our democratic representation to make it happen.

What a gutless person he is. I am sure he knew more about DoFo's plan but pretended he didn't, especially after hearing Ford say Tory says one thing publicly and another behind closed doors.

He knows that as the incumbent, having a smaller window favours him. His name is better known to the general public than Keesmaat's.

Remember how we used to complain about the length of time the election took when RoFo was running in 2014? Starting in May was a much better alternative but what's happening now is an absolute joke. I hope that people who printed up materials ahead of time with the old ward numbers will get compensated. I wouldn't even bother wanting to be a councillor with 25 wards, who needs double the work?

I also Have this idea that Ford and Tory may have reached a truce because Ford may push for a strong mayor reform.

IDK

I also Have this idea that Ford and Tory may have reached a truce because Ford may push for a strong mayor reform.

Really? I assumed Tory started supporting Ford because Ford threatened what was left of Smartrack.

IDK

Tory is out of his league. Ford for once is right, Tory tried to play both sides of the debate but failed to do so. Keesmaat would do well to parade this fact around for all to see.

This is what you get when you put a milquetoast against a wrecking ball.

Back