News   Jul 12, 2024
 842     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 754     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 321     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

It doesn't matter that it's SAL or anyone else. Let's not body shame anyone. (said with my mod hat on). And it doesn't matter what else she might have said. Let's not stoop to her level.

I can't wait for the day when we are rid of the Ford """""dynasty""""".

Crossing my fingers that the Provincial Conservatives take Doug up and puts him in a backbench position where he can't do much harm. I hope that Doug Ford appearing in S.St. Marie is an indication of this.

"Yikes" is right. What the poll could/should have asked is whether many would vote for a third candidate. Hopefully this poll will galvanize some to declare that they're running.

As recently as April, Tory led Ford by 11 points, and it was a whopping 29% last November.

But a sizable 22% are backing neither Tory nor Ford.

Tory scores with the 45-54 age demographic, the poorest, the more educated and the wealthiest. The incumbent also rates highly in Scarborough.

As for Ford, his supporters are typically aged 55-64 and the over 65 set. His base is in Etobicoke and his supporters typically have a college or university degree and earn $40,000 to $80,000.

The survey showed that 50% of respondents approve of the job Tory’s doing while 31% disapprove and 19% didn’t know.

Older and wealthier voters were most likely to give the mayor the thumbs up.

Most likely to give Tory the thumbs down were those ages 35-44.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/02/doug-ford-catches-up-to-john-tory-poll

Could definitely be a indicator of a missing third candidate vote.

Last edited:
Great, watch Tory start pivoting to the right now.

That would be a mistake on his part. A lot of people held their nose and voted for a center-right candidate to block Ford. If he moves further to the right he's going to lose that support. That may be great news for a left or center-left candidate though, with the right-wing vote split between Tory and Ford. Lets just hope that the left can field a competent likable candidate.

That would be a mistake on his part. A lot of people held their nose and voted for a center-right candidate to block Ford. If he moves further to the right he's going to lose that support. That may be great news for a left or center-left candidate though, with the right-wing vote split between Tory and Ford. Lets just hope that the left can field a competent likable candidate.

The left needs to organize behind a single centre-left candidate if they have any hopes of winning.

Haven't had time to analyze the methodology and what the question(s) asked were, but here's the web release and link to the full report:
upload_2017-6-2_9-56-7.png

Read more at: http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2743/toronto-mayoral-horserace-may-2017/
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

Edit to Add:

OK, the news reports are remiss in not stating that "someone else" was asked:

upload_2017-6-2_9-59-46.png

upload_2017-6-2_10-0-27.png

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/bf3e0ed2-5916-4585-89fd-2238c406613aMayoral Horserace.pdf

Considering "someone else" has/have not declared, it puts an entirely different perspective on this.

lol...perhaps the question would be more apt to be: "None of the above" (or below, depending on ones view of the choice).

Two words in my overall impression:

"Fertile Ground".

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-2_9-56-7.png
    upload_2017-6-2_9-56-7.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 183
  • upload_2017-6-2_9-59-46.png
    upload_2017-6-2_9-59-46.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 182
  • upload_2017-6-2_10-0-27.png
    upload_2017-6-2_10-0-27.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 187