News   Jul 12, 2024
 821     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 313     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Interesting that 1/3 residents of the old city of Toronto would vote for Ford. That seems insanely high.

That's high, but that's without a progressive alternative. If it were just between Tory and Ford, I'm not sure who I'd vote for. Maybe I'd just vote for councillor and leave the mayoral part blank.

Last edited:
Ford running is the only way I could imagine someone like Jennifer Keesmaat beating Tory however.

But it would be a 3-way race. Do we want to take that chance?

Interesting that 1/3 residents of the old city of Toronto would vote for Ford. That seems insanely high.
Polls are a very inexact Science, if Science at all. Economics is far more scientific...

The way the poll question is presented is an exercise in psychology.

You are given three choices, but everyone knows that it's a choice between two people....and one non-person. Right away, the odds have been skewed by stating that. The psyche discounts the 'non-choice' and fixates on the 'two that matter'. Card sharks and hucksters pray on these kinds of 'primed odds'.

In light of that, 1/3 'not playing the game' and opting for "anyone but" the two 'real choices' is a very high amount. That's a very encouraging result for anyone looking to 'test the waters', let alone throw themselves in with zeal.

Tory has blown his load. Ford never had one. This is an open race for anyone who can finish a complete sentence, look good, understand the basics of urban politics, and is willing to point out what losers the other two are. Not hard...

Yep, I want to take that chance.
She's really ticked me off at times, but it's a no brainer. She's also said and done some pretty bold things before getting whipped back into line. She certainly has the demeanour, and at least one ball. She might just produce the other when the gloves are off.

She's really ticked me off at times, but it's a no brainer. She's also said and done some pretty bold things before getting whipped back into line. She certainly has the demeanour, and at least one ball. She might just produce the other when the gloves are off.
She's already proven she has 'stories to tell' as we witnessed when she had to testify under oath at some of the court hearings. In a declared candidacy? Tory should be shidding brown shoes...she won't be muzzled any more. If she has even the slightest sense of vindictiveness, he's in deep trouble. And his buddies.

Crossing my fingers that the Provincial Conservatives take Doug up and puts him in a backbench position where he can't do much harm. I hope that Doug Ford appearing in S.St. Marie is an indication of this.
Minister of Transportation - in charge of Metrolinx and negotiating transit.

Tory has blown his load. Ford never had one. This is an open race for anyone who can finish a complete sentence, look good, understand the basics of urban politics, and is willing to point out what losers the other two are. Not hard...

It's more a matter of whether *voters* know or care about the basics of urban politics, of course.

Back