News   Apr 19, 2024
 350     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 675     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 741     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

well rob fords eglinton rt plan was better then this so I might go full crazy and vote ford.

That "better plan" would have scrapped the Finch LRT, Sheppard LRT and SRT extension to Sheppard just to pay for an unnecessary fully buried Eglinton LRT, all thanks to the "war on cars" crap. But based on your rhetoric, Ford is your man.

No idea what Matlow has to gain from proposing 24 vs 1 stop scarborough lrt plan. Do we really think Matlow if he wins will be laughing in his elite house at how he screwed those poor scarborough residents?

Nope Im team miller but since him and his dumb garbage strike we have been in a perpetual ttc circus. All im saying is of all the crazy plans I liked Fords the best. BTW Sheppard has unfortunately been essentially scrapped so I don't see the difference. I have a bone to pick with the liberal government which delayed its funding for these LRT projects which allowed the circus to begin. Theres a lot of blame to go around. If all we are going to care about is ourselves then I hope that I get a LRT from Eglinton to the airport before 2030. Not likely but maybe I should threaten to vote for another councillor. Apparently that's our new strategy vote the guy out if he doesn't agree with 100% of your ideas.

I am hearing Rosie Dimanno was just arrested for assault?

And no, his honeymoon is not officially over. People have been saying that for a while now everytime a dumb council vote is passed, even though almost every piece of progressive policy continues to be voted down 18-24. It's only a difference of a few votes but it has stayed pretty consistent. Tory is still winning all of the major votes, tomorrow he will almost certainly get his Scarborough subway approved, and after today he is well on track to push through his most fiscally irresponsible budget to date.

My Fordesque point has nothing to do with council votes but the level of ruddiness of any illusion, or would that be allusion, is left; Ford "Fiscal Conservative" situations indeed.

I am hearing Rosie Dimanno was just arrested for assault?

Yep, and as usual the campaign continues... remember, it's all about them and the FF/D'Nation regardless of reality.

160714-0002.png

Attachments

• 160714-0002.png
    160714-0002.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 467
I might consider someone else in 2018, but only if there is no Ford threat and ranked ballots are in place.

I'd have to consider whether John Tory, no matter how bad his competition might be, deserves the legitimacy and endorsement of my vote, even if it was a Doug Ford/John Tory race.

I'll definitely turn up to vote for councillor, and TDSB trustee (I even voted in the recent TDSB by-election!), but right now, I will probably either leave the mayoral vote part blank out of protest, or vote for the most reasonable fringe candidate. Or I'll put down the $200 and run myself.

That all said, I don't think Doug Ford will run municipally in 2018.

Last edited:

Back