News   Mar 28, 2024
 968     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 543     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 838     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

I agree., it's not the mayor. Gun violence is more the result off Provincial and Federal policies. This increase is likely cause by the provincial elimination of carding, and gangs vying for power in anticipation of the Federal government opening the doors on marijuana

Where is the evidence supporting that? As to opening the doors on weed - sorry, the multi-nats are having their hands in that one - why did you think the Cons opened medical weed only to the big players?

AoD

I was taught to act, not react to a situation... something people should do, and former mayors should have done. The fear mongering is just icing on the top of the urinal cake.
160708-0002.png
160708-0001.png

Attachments

• 160708-0001.png
    160708-0001.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 516
  • 160708-0002.png
    160708-0002.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 525
Welcome to John Tory's Toronto.
  • Motion from Coun. Davis to increase property tax to 3.4% fails 12-29
  • Motion from Coun. Layton to ensure user fee increases for 2017 aren't contrary to anti-poverty strategy fails 16-26
  • Coun. Perks motion to have 2017 budget avoid increasing TTC fares above inflation fails 16-26
  • Perks motion asking that recommended 2017 budget avoid cuts to TTC service fails 17-25
  • Davis motion asking that 2017 budget avoid reducing number of new child care spaces fails on a tie, 21-21
  • Perks motion asking that 2017 budget direction avoid impacting quality of life for TCHC tenants fails 17-25
  • Council votes 32-10 to direct staff to conduct across-the-board budget reduction targets of 2.6%
  • Voting for TTC service cuts, and sitting on the TTC board were councillors Campbell, Crisanti, Glen DeB and DMW
  • Mayor Tory voted to look at removing the 200 childcare spaces he added last year. More than 13,000 on waiting list
  • Mayor Tory voted against adding gender equity lens to budget process

These votes are very regrettable and contradictory to the image he tries to project. The problem is he has no real opposition.

I think the honeymoon is officially over, we were worried about the Ford legacy in a family member, however, we still got the Ford Lite prize from an unexpected source.

I think the honeymoon is officially over, we were worried about the Ford legacy in a family member, however, we still got the Ford Lite prize from an unexpected source.

John Tory ran as a right winger, was endorsed by right wing councillors, got elected, then stacked his executive committee with ex-Ford allies, therefore it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that John Tory continued the same austerity agenda and car-friendly policies of his predecessor. During the election I said many times that this is exactly what was gonna happen, and that is exactly what actually happened.

And no, his honeymoon is not officially over. People have been saying that for a while now everytime a dumb council vote is passed, even though almost every piece of progressive policy continues to be voted down 18-24. It's only a difference of a few votes but it has stayed pretty consistent. Tory is still winning all of the major votes, tomorrow he will almost certainly get his Scarborough subway approved, and after today he is well on track to push through his most fiscally irresponsible budget to date.

Definitely really disappointed over these last few weeks that Tory is continuing to impose cuts rather than raise taxes properly, and that he's using the same language as the Fords.

The honeymoon is definitely starting to fade, but I think he'll retain control over council though for the next while or so since there isn't really any sort of organization among the opposition.

I think that the current state of the TTC is due to those cuts over the last year or so, with the increasing number of delays, fare hikes and AC issues. It really begs the question of what kind of city Tory believes that he is building.

His honeymoon isn't over. It should have been over because of the Gardiner debate or carding, but he somehow kept a steady level of popularity. I don't defend a lot of what he does though.

His honeymoon isn't over. It should have been over because of the Gardiner debate or carding, but he somehow kept a steady level of popularity. I don't defend a lot of what he does though.

As long as a "threat" of a Doug Ford run for mayor (or premier of Ontario) of Toronto remains, John Tory's honeymoon continues.

However, with four years of "cuts" under Ford, and two years of "cuts" under Tory, there is no more room for cuts. You're going into cutting of services, which is wrong. This does shows us the conservativeness of Tory, who really would like to cut, cut, cut.

John Tory ran as a right winger, was endorsed by right wing councillors, got elected, then stacked his executive committee with ex-Ford allies, therefore it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that John Tory continued the same austerity agenda and car-friendly policies of his predecessor.

Yet, Tory won the majority of the lefty old city limits, including Riverdale, The Beaches and High Park. I think many felt Tory was the moderate, "non-ideological," safe choice who would be willing to work with others and usher in an era of informed, policy-driven governance.

I wonder how many of these constituencies are regretting their vote.

Back