News   Jun 26, 2024
 34     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Wow, now they are chanting "f*ck John Tory" and threatening violence against the mayor. This is some fine PR work on their part!

Patrick Brown on CFRB right now: "The new economy is about piecing together whatever work you can find to make a living."

City bureaucrats not given earlier look at $1.3B TCHC budget
Tory told the Toronto Sun that city bureaucrats informed him they only got a look at TCHC’s $1.3-billion combined capital and operating budget after the housing board approved it last Thursday — just days before the city starts the 2016 operating budget process.

“In the case of all the other (city) agencies ... at least we have been looking at their budgets to some degree or another and having discussions with them,” Tory said Tuesday. “As far as I can tell, no one has ever said to (TCHC) before — from the mayor’s office or even the city manager’s office — we want that budget on our desk.

“No one has ever pushed back on it before, I’m pushing back on it for the first time.”
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/08/13b-tchc-budget-not-shared-with-city-bureaucrats

something from 'the dirty' comments...
dirty comments.JPG

Attachments

• dirty comments.JPG
    dirty comments.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 279
Indeed. Also, strong family values aren't exactly the opposite of a sexually open relationship.

I don't have a problem with it and I don't really buy the 'what else are they hiding/lying about?' angle, in part because it doesn't really relate to Tory's performance as an elected official.

I'm not sure I really buy the Billie/Barbara story, though - it sounds like something Neil Flagg would make up based on next to nothing. If it is true, it would be interesting to get SAL's take on it (I can't believe I just wrote that, but okay).

Oh yah, I almost forgot, this is Col. Flagg's take on the cabbie/company tantrum yesterday:

Flaggy will basically blame anything on Tory no matter how convoluted the reasoning is. It's Tory's fault the cabbies are getting their lunch eaten by Uber. It's Tory's fault Uber isn't allowed to have the run of the free market. It's Tory's fault the cabbies are protesting AND being jerks about it. And so on.

Didn't a whole bunch of them get charged by the police?

They did, but the Flagg people seem fine with the boorish behavior.

Flaggy will basically blame anything on Tory no matter how convoluted the reasoning is. It's Tory's fault the cabbies are getting their lunch eaten by Uber. It's Tory's fault Uber isn't allowed to have the run of the free market. It's Tory's fault the cabbies are protesting AND being jerks about it. And so on.

Exactly.

Back