News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Maldive's Waterfront compilation

Love the render. It has kept me entertained for many hours. I have noticed, however, one (minor) longitudinal discrepancy that you may want to amend for posterity?

If it ever gets built, I think The Gansevoort will be further to the east than shown in your render (i.e. due north of 21 Widmer & The Festival Tower).

Again, I wouldn't feel compelled to quibble except that your work is so exceptional I thought you might be interested in nitpicking.

^actually it is not nitpicking... it's a glaring error considering that little blob was actually drawn from real elevations (have to look at the large render to see what I mean) found in real Staff Reports... reports that clearly shows it's location at Widmer and Richmond.

Given how much time was spent siting all these drawings as closely as possible to their locations, I investigated further to try and find out how this building was left dangling over SkyDome/Rogers Centre.

Although I didn't find the solution to the mistake... I have a theory: working with dozens of layers and drawings... the hotel was probably moved to the left in order to work on something else near its proper location.. and then forgotten... left out in the cold...too bad... but a major goof.

i think that another place to do one would be off the roof of the manulife center because then you could see all the non waterfront developments

i think that another place to do one would be off the roof of the manulife center because then you could see all the non waterfront developments

That was done in the past using the promotional photo of Shangri-La as a template.

Just a repost to repair some broken links for the renders. ;)

THESE IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED SO PLEASE DON'T REPOST ELSEWHERE WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANKS.

z20-08MED.jpg

-
PROJECTS KEY:

z20-08KEY.jpg

-
BEHIND THE WATERFRONT SKYLINE:
z20-08HIGH.jpg

LINK TO LARGE RENDERING

I am still in awe of your work, 3D!

I have to say the western part of the skyline has (will) come a long way. It'd be nice of the various gaps there will be filled in.

^ thanks for the props... but I really wasn't "bumping for praise"... just repairing links.

To your point, it will take longer but the eastern waterfront will eventually contribute to the southern POV (albeit more modest than the west)... creating what I like to call the Toronto "T" skyline.

Top of the T is the east/west skyline along the lake and spine of the T is north/south along Yonge/Bay.

Very appropriate built form.

That's an amazing render of an amazing future skyline. I'm a definitely worried that a lot of the projects there will not be completed in the near future. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. It would be interesting to compare this render with a picture from, say, 10 years ago. I think the differences will be astonishing.

You're joking, right?

I've seen some pretty spectacular future compilations for Dubai and even one for Calgary which is just out of this world!!!

Back