News   Apr 26, 2024
 746     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 250     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 

M1+M2+Metropolis+Parkside@Metro Place (Allen&Sheppard, Liberty, 14+2x16+17s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Those corners aren't cut. Merely chamfered.

Speaking of which, did ya' ever hear the one about Mies in '32, refusing to be a part of the show which would make the International Style what it is today, because the corners in MOMA were chamfered? It's true - Johnson had to put molding around the columns to 'straighten 'em out before he would agree. Still, clever anecdotes aside, nothing says class like precast cornices.

Oct 11

IMG_oct-11-09-0001.jpg

IMG_oct-11-09-0024.jpg

IMG_oct-11-09-0025.jpg

IMG_oct-11-09-0026.jpg

I actually think these condos are looking quite nice!! I'm impressed, especially since they start at about $170K. I hope the glass doesn't look cheap, but so far it's nice!

drum118: thanks for the update.

Does anyone know if the Idomo is staying there? They should get rid of that thing and build something more useful...

Does anyone know if the Idomo is staying there?

Based on the application as approved through the City Planning Final Report in August 2006, the intent is to maintain the Idomo furniture 'mall' in the long term, which is why Metro Place + future development blocks are all oriented towards the perimeter of the site along the Sheppard and Allen frontages

Overall Plan
Click to Enlarge

Metro Place Master Plan
Liberty_MetroPlace_SitePlan.jpg

Are they going to have retail on Sheppard?

According to the City Planning Final Report:

The south block is to be predominantly residential and is proposed to have a total of 82,726 m2 in four condominium buildings containing 1,100 residential units. These buildings will range in height from 14 to 17 storeys. Approximately 2,300 m2 of commercial space will be incorporated into the ground floors of the buildings, particularly those which are closest to the Sheppard Avenue West/Allen Road intersection. The buildings will be located around the perimeter of the site leaving a significant outdoor amenity space in the centre.

Based on the application as approved through the City Planning Final Report in August 2006, the intent is to maintain the Idomo furniture 'mall' in the long term, which is why Metro Place + future development blocks are all oriented towards the perimeter of the site along the Sheppard and Allen frontages

Thanks for the info.

Hmm... I can't remember the site very well but are those buildings to the east and west of Idomo currently there or are they future developments? I don't think they are there right now. If they are future dev, then I guess Idomo isn't expecting much traffic by chopping up their parking space? Who goes to Idomo?? I don't think I've ever been there.

I like that Downsview area is being finally developed.

I remember reading that Idomo had applied to eventually build condos on its land...but that is probably 5+ years away.

Parkside Tower @ Metro Place (Allen & Sheppard, Liberty Dev Co, Kirkor)

Fourth tower registration now open for Metroplace/Metropolis.

Parking included!

Occupancy: April 30, 2012

Suite Features:

- Granite kitchen countertops
- European-style kitchen cabinets
- Stainless kitchen appliances
- Laminate flooring in foyer, kitchen, living room,dining room, and den (if applicable)
- Choice of 50 oz. broadloom, sisal or laminate in bedroom

parksidetower.jpg

Back