News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.8K     10 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Holy Crap! Glad you're ok! Should go buy a lottery ticket now.
Elevator 2 in M 1. The elevator plunged from an upper floor straight down to the ground floor where it came to a sudden and violent stop . I had pressed P2 but the elevator went haywire . Then I pressed the alarm button and the telephone button but the door opened when I pressed G ( ground floor ) after it had come to a stop on the ground floor. It's out of service now and the concierge told me that the control panel needs to be replaced for it. See ,no need to go to Wonderland , just take the elevator here and you will get knocked off your feet, literally. I thought the cable broke as it was plunging but it must have an emergency cable to grab it before it hits the floor ?

windows

What's up with these windows ? This is the third time already that the handle has had to be replaced on three different windows. I called the window guy today and he asked why I didn't call earlier because he was in the building yesterday working in two apartments here. I told him that I didn't know yesterday that the handle would break today, lol

What's up with these windows ? This is the third time already that the handle has had to be replaced on three different windows. I called the window guy today and he asked why I didn't call earlier because he was in the building yesterday working in two apartments here. I told him that I didn't know yesterday that the handle would break today, lol

Mine broke too over a year ago. I found a company in woodbridge that supplies them and when I brought my handle in they told me it was the cheap kind from china which is why the quality is not as good as the one they supply. Bought it for $60 taxes in and installed it myself, haven't had a problem since. If your interested the company is Window Hardware Company at 301 Jevlan Drive Woodbridge.

Part Number is 23.04.32.001
Description "Left hand rear mounted Pivot Shoe 9.5" (white)

Website
www.whcparts.ca

Search by the item number and you will find it right away - don't use those cheap ones the window guy here uses

Mine broke too over a year ago. I found a company in woodbridge that supplies them and when I brought my handle in they told me it was the cheap kind from china which is why the quality is not as good as the one they supply. Bought it for $60 taxes in and installed it myself, haven't had a problem since. If your interested the company is Window Hardware Company at 301 Jevlan Drive Woodbridge.

Part Number is 23.04.32.001
Description "Left hand rear mounted Pivot Shoe 9.5" (white)

Website
www.whcparts.ca

Search by the item number and you will find it right away - don't use those cheap ones the window guy here uses

Were you able to install the handle by yourself ?

Other problems in the apartment include the drain plug in the bathroom sink and the sliding door on the balcony in the den. Now the cold weather is solving the problem but when it was warmer the flies figured out how to come in through the sliding screen door. I don't know how they were getting in . Is it through a gap in the frame or the drain holes at the bottom of the door for the rain water ?

Other problems in the apartment include the drain plug in the bathroom sink and the sliding door on the balcony in the den. Now the cold weather is solving the problem but when it was warmer the flies figured out how to come in through the sliding screen door. I don't know how they were getting in . Is it through a gap in the frame or the drain holes at the bottom of the door for the rain water ?

I didn't instal it, my father came by and did it. But it didn't look too hard, I had to help and hold a mirror underneath as the window was open so he could see the screws. You do not need to take out the window or anything crazy like that. The handle detaches once the screws on the underneath are out. The bar is on a track and once you unscrew it u can pull the arm handle out of the track and through the hole where the crank handle is.

My bathroom sink drain I think is plugged with who knows what, when the tap is running it takes long to drain. As for the flies, I've never had a problem so I'm not sure.

Maybe even buy the part and have the window guy put it in, since he is familiar with doing it lol

Maybe even buy the part and have the window guy put it in, since he is familiar with doing it lol

I am not sure who is responsible for the window maintenance because if the windows belong to the building, then they should have to pay for the handle. On one occasion I was charged $50 for the crank handle but on another occasion I didn't have to pay to have the lever replaced ( that's the lever that locks and unlocks the window ).

So I was charged $50 today and the window handle was replaced. It's out of warranty and the serviceman said that it's not up to him as to who is responsible for it's maintenance , me or the building . As for the flies, he said that they are coming in through the drain holes at the bottom of the frame for the screen door in the den. He is going to order a sponge to block it but I don't know if that's where they come in or not. There is also a tiny gap in the frame but that is only big enough for an ant and not a fly, well we will see what happens. For this he is charging $20 .

Last edited:
Another scary elevator incident !

So I got on the elevator in M1 and pressed G. The elevator stopped at floor 5 where a woman got on , then the elevator did not want to move and also would not open the door to let us off . To add to the scare factor the alarm would not sound as well. I don't know why everything would stop working at the same time ?? Up until now I wasn't worried because if anything happened I thought one just has to press the alarm but I never counted on that not working either. So now I am thinking about taking my cell phone with me when using the elevator but does a cell phone work inside an elevator, does anyone know ?

I just remembered the time that the lights went out in the elevator and it was pitch black on the ride to my floor. So another good thing to have with you is a flashlight, not that it will do you much good since the alarm won't be working either

Last edited:
Anyone know what's going on with the m3/m4 parking entrance? It looks maintenance costs will be rising exponentially shortly

If I read the notice correctly, and same with the convo I had with a board member last week, I believe this was a deficiency that's on the builder.

I had the same conversation and from what I gather this will have no impact on our maitenance fees. The builder will be absorbing all the costs as the original construction was not up to par.

And a special assessment!!

Yes, a nice Christmas present for all of us . Time to pack and head for the hills if this is an indication of things to come. Though the letter says that this is a one time assessment, the truth is ,that as buildings age ,the assessment keeps getting larger and larger and this building is only four years old.

Last edited:

Back