449     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 663     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Park

Hi, new forum poster and M2 owner.

Does anyone know if the "park" in the middle of the buildings will be complete this summer 2011? Now that the exterior of M3+M4 is just about complete, it seems to make sense that they would complete that before winter. I know there's only a certain window before the heat that you can lay sod and I don't see much park infrastructure built yet.

I have a new puppy and I'm finding there are no walkable parks to take him to in the area. That patch of grass would be an asset.

Anyone know?

I have a new puppy and I'm finding there are no walkable parks to take him to in the area. That patch of grass would be an asset.

Anyone know?

There is a park behind the fire station on the south of sheppard east of Allen.

There is a park behind the fire station on the south of sheppard east of Allen.
Ah, good to know, I'll check that out this weekend.

No clue, but you can take your pup to downsview park for now I guess.
I'm facing Downsview Park on the 3rd floor, but I don't see any park where you can sit with the dog really. Just the open field on Sheppard beside the eyesore junk yard.

Anyone else finding these elevators to be RIDICULOUS?!

You can hit the button, stand for a minute and watch while NONE of the elevators move. Other times I'll hit down and see the elevator pass right by me without stopping, then another, and then finally a third one will stop to pick me up if I'm lucky minutes later.

I've NEVER seen elevators work like this in my life. Anyone else notice this problem?

You can hit the button, stand for a minute and watch while NONE of the elevators move. Other times I'll hit down and see the elevator pass right by me without stopping, then another, and then finally a third one will stop to pick me up if I'm lucky minutes later.

I've NEVER seen elevators work like this in my life. Anyone else notice this problem?

Yeah they have been like that since Day 1.

It only sucks when you're on the outside. When you're on the inside, notice how it almost never stops? It's like you're a VIP in your own elevator. As for them not moving, yeah they have been pretty unreliable - at least in M2. They tend to break down quite often (especially the middle one while the service one is in service mode, so a couple weekends ago I was one of 10 people waiting over 5 minutes on P2 and the elevator was pretty jammed from P3, and stops at P1 and G led to more frustrated peole). And now the latest is the service elevator, when it's running, tends to pass a floor that you hear a loud thud and squeak as it's moving. Really scary, especially when I hear it right before the doors open to let me in! But also don't forget people hold the elevators for their slowpoke spouse/friend/etc. so it sits and waits causing you in turn to sit and wait.

Anyone reported the issue to the property management?

If someone had some time to start a petition, I would definitely sign. I just don't see the point of having 3 elevators if only 1 moves at a time - if you're lucky.

If someone had some time to start a petition, I would definitely sign. I just don't see the point of having 3 elevators if only 1 moves at a time - if you're lucky.

I've got to say that I've had quite the opposite experience with the elevators. I'm in M1, which has considerably less units then M2, and thus less traffic flow through the elevators, but in terms of the efficiency of getting people around, I think they are doing a great job. I rarely have to wait for an elevator and there is usually always one waiting on G or P1/P2 and they get up to the 8th floor pretty quick when I leave home. I also haven't seen an elevator out of service for quite a long time now, at least 4-5 months.

They are rather loud and those beeps it makes each floor and when you press a button are certainly annoying, but in terms of overall satisfaction, I have to say that I can't really complain. Way better then some of the older buildings I've been to where the elevators are way slower and the doors open and close really slowly.

I don't know if my A/C is working properly. No matter what fan level I set it to, even high, and the desired temperature to be 20, it's still around 27. Is it just me or are the A/C in the units really weak?

It's so hot that it's unbearable!

Back