News   May 27, 2024
 563     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 610     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 3.9K     3 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

A/C is out this evening.

I had the same problem as the person who commented above. I thought it was just because I'm on the upper floors and all the ridiculous heat from yesterday afternoon just takes a while to clear.

Called the management office - and apparently the A/C was powered down due to a series of power outages from yesterday's storm. It will be back up in the next few minutes.

Last edited:
I had the same problem as the person who commented above. I thought it was just because I'm on the upper floors and all the ridiculous heat from yesterday afternoon just takes a while to clear.

Called the management office - and apparently the A/C was powered down due to a series of power outages from yesterday's storm. It will be back up in the next few minutes.

Great! Thanks for checking in.

Is it really that hot on the upper floors? I still haven't even turned on my A/C yet.

Is it really that hot on the upper floors? I still haven't even turned on my A/C yet.

I find it to be so... I mean, on an average 25 degree day, without A/C it generally climbs to about 26-27 degrees inside the unit without A/C on - and that's WITHOUT doing any cooking etc; (i.e. after coming home that's the temp it's at). Having lived in an apartment with no A/C up till now, this is one luxury I was looking forward to when moving in here :p

Mind you, the "heat rises" situation is wicked during the winter... I NEVER had to turn on the heat once this past winter, and the until was always a comfortable 23-24 degrees.

Wednesday evening I drove 3 hours to get home from a concert at Darien Lake, NY only to arrive just after 3am to a 27 degree, humid condo... I was looking forward to crashing in my nice cool bed and instead ended up out on my balcony at 4am just to cool off :S

That said it WAS nice not having to use my heater for most of the winter.... my place stayed at a constant 22 degrees and I only needed to turn on the heat when the outside temperature dipped below -10

Speaking of A/C, I woke up to 2 men in my apartment at 9am this morning.

Haha, there's probably a better way to write that. They were cleaning the A/C filter, but cammon, seriously? Apparently they knocked, but I was asleep (can a guy not get a Friday off?) It took all of 10 minutes, but it's just a little awkward to wake up to the sound of people in your apartment.

Is there not some kind of policy that prohibits this? Perhaps they should post around the building that this is happening. I found it very invasive!! What about people who work nights, or what if you just haven't cleaned your apartment in a week, etc. You just walk into peoples apartments without forewarning, that seems like it shouldn't be allowed, right?

Speaking of A/C, I woke up to 2 men in my apartment at 9am this morning.

Haha, there's probably a better way to write that. They were cleaning the A/C filter, but cammon, seriously? Apparently they knocked, but I was asleep (can a guy not get a Friday off?) It took all of 10 minutes, but it's just a little awkward to wake up to the sound of people in your apartment.

Is there not some kind of policy that prohibits this? Perhaps they should post around the building that this is happening. I found it very invasive!! What about people who work nights, or what if you just haven't cleaned your apartment in a week, etc. You just walk into peoples apartments without forewarning, that seems like it shouldn't be allowed, right?

1. they did post it, they left a printout on everyone's door with a schedule of which floors they were doing and when.
2. when we all took ownership of our units there was a form that we filled out and signed giving them permission to enter out units for inspection/repairs/etc. you should look into that.

they came to do mine yesterday around 10am (as i expected based on the schedule they gave out). i told them I did it myself at 4am desperately hoping it would fix my ac situation. it didnt (naturally) but i told them not to waste their/my time because i did it already.

1. they did post it, they left a printout on everyone's door with a schedule of which floors they were doing and when.
2. when we all took ownership of our units there was a form that we filled out and signed giving them permission to enter out units for inspection/repairs/etc. you should look into that.

they came to do mine yesterday around 10am (as i expected based on the schedule they gave out). i told them I did it myself at 4am desperately hoping it would fix my ac situation. it didnt (naturally) but i told them not to waste their/my time because i did it already.

Didn't get that memo I guess; Just like when toothbrushes were left hanging on everyone's door. Maybe someone on my floor is hording memos and toothbrushes.

Re the permission to enter, it's possible I signed something in the transfer but I bought resale so there were a million things to sign - might have overlooked it.

And they didn't just clean & vacuum the A/C unit, they also changed the filter with a clean one and took my old dirty one away, so it wasn't a waste of their/my time.

you should look into that.

lol, toothbrushes?

and aside from vacuuming, i did change the filter with a clean one. i have filters from when i moved in and the AC was collecting a new thick layer of dust every month...

i didn't assume the ac was dead for everyone so in a half-assed attempt to fix it, i changed the filter hoping that not enough air flow was the problem

lol, toothbrushes?

A few months back, there was a white bag hanging on everyone door with a toothbrush, floss and some pamphlets, I'm guessing it was to advertise a local dentist. I got home with my hands full so wasn't able to grab it, but when I went out an hour later to get it - someone had taken mine and everyone else's on my floor.

So someone on my floor has 20 extra toothbrushes, floss and a bunch of memos. An indoor nest perhaps? Just spitballing here.

.... They are rather loud and those beeps it makes each floor and when you press a button are certainly annoying, but in terms of overall satisfaction, I have to say that I can't really complain. Way better then some of the older buildings I've been to where the elevators are way slower and the doors open and close really slowly.

I have had a HUGE problem with the volume of the alerts of the elevators in M1. some settings got reset about 3 months ago and its been way too loud ever since. I've e-mailed property management to request them to have them adjusted, but I am finding them completely inept at customer service (in this case at least). i implore everyone else to e-mail them and let them know that the elevator alert volumes need to be adjust to be quieter. metroplacecondos@rogers.com

thanks.

What kind of upgrades did everyone get, and how much were they? I spent about $6000 on upgrades including HST.

Here are my upgrades with approximate prices:
Upgraded laminate flooring, the standard options looked really really cheap. ($1500)
Undermount sink ($900)
Upgraded tiling in kitchen, foyer, and bathroom ($700)
Coil-less stove top ($300)
Upgraded backsplash ($450)
Upgraded granite countertop, the standard ones looked cheap except for the black one but that didn't match my cabinets ($600)
Upgraded handles in kitchen and bathroom cabinets ($200)
Upgraded shower head in both bathroom, the standard one looks really cheap ($400)
Mirrors on guest bedroom closet ($300)

looks like they raised prices on certain upgrades. i.e. under mount sink upgrade WAS $800

also, you chose to upgrade some items that you could have done yourself for MUCH cheaper i.e. you could have upgraded your shower heads yourself in a matter of an hour for less than half of what you spent

looks like they raised prices on certain upgrades. i.e. under mount sink upgrade WAS $800

also, you chose to upgrade some items that you could have done yourself for MUCH cheaper i.e. you could have upgraded your shower heads yourself in a matter of an hour for less than half of what you spent

I'm aware, I also could have upgraded the cabinet handles for much less by myself, but I figured I might as well just get everything I want all at once and not have to worry about anything after. I think all of the upgrades are overpriced, $900 for an undermount sink is a bit steep, but it would be much more difficult to get it afterwards. All of the upgrades are at least twice as expensive as regular retail price, likely a lot more.

Back