News   May 27, 2024
 875     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 762     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4.6K     3 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

m4pete i hear you on the locker situation. I've been told by the saleslady not to worry as everyone who wanted a locker at m1 and m2 were given one. Brent at the design centre stated we should hear something before sept (when m3 and m4 should be near sold out).

First homeowner myself and work for the Government (finance).

Pete if i have any electrical issues/need upgrade, can i hire you?

Yaz you can hire me at your own risk !!! Most if not all my experience is high voltage. I haven't done any residential electrical since basic at trade school. But if any of the buildings needs any high voltage work I might be able to do something....... Maybe. Hey can you do tax returns?

And did anybody notice the crane on M3 was taken down today?

Hey m4pete
So you already had your design center appointment?. Did you get a letter or do you just call and make a appointment.
I didn't think M4 had started yet ,anybody know how it works? by floor? by date purchased?

Yaz16 I'm in the IT field and also a first timer
I'm disapointed about the smoking thing too hope it all get sorted b4 we move in ;)
I understand the no BBQ thing but wil miss my bbq I love a nice bbqd steak

Hey Sjm I got my letter for the design center late March, got the call to make an appointment at the end of April, and went in May 5th. I think it works by floor since the low floors be the ones moving in first.

Consider yourself lucky for not getting a locker. I just went down to get my lawn chairs and you wouldn't believe what they looked like. They were covered in dark black dust and my hands turned black from carrying them to the car.

What time frame are we talking about for the maintenance fees to double and yes you are right about people NOT being able to afford such an increase.

If you need the extra 15 sq feet it's worth it. If it's $4000 you're paying about $267/sq ft, that's much less per sq/ft than anyone paid for when it comes to their actual unit.

For the maintenance fees to double, the funds would have to be managed extremely poorly, but from what I've heard it's not uncommon for maintenance fees to rise 30-50% in the first 2-5 years. If it rose 50% you'd be paying more than $600/month if you're in a larger unit, which is over 7k per year. If that were the only expense that would be nothing, but when you add in your mortgage, hydro and property tax it becomes a more significant expense. However, it's important to properly maintain the building and common areas, if needed repairs are ignored and the building is neglected there will be major problems down the road, and it would end up costing all of the owners a lot more in the longrun. That's why you have to have a good balance, you can't have maintenance fees that are too high and mismanage the funds, but at the same time you can't have fees that are too low and overlook needed repairs and maintenance.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did anyone hear a bunch of very loud rumbling sounds yesterday afternoon around 3 PM? I think they were planes but I swear the building was shaking. It happened several times during that hour and I thought we were going to be under attack. I have never heard it so loud before.

it was a small yellow plane taking off from downsview. took off and flew over a few times... VERY loud

later in the day a cf-18 took off and did a couple fly-bys as well

Back