News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

The picture I posted was taken today. They installed fences around the area, and looks like they're just clearing it right now.

Does anyone know or heard any information about the proposed plans for the South East corner of Sheppard and Allen? That property is own by a development branch of the municipal government called Build Toronto. I think there was a proposal for both commercial and 1500 units of subsidized housing.

Does anyone know or heard any information about the proposed plans for the South East corner of Sheppard and Allen? That property is own by a development branch of the municipal government called Build Toronto. I think there was a proposal for both commercial and 1500 units of subsidized housing.

South East corner is downsview station

South East corner is downsview station

Yeah that is correct. There is currently 54 acres around downsview station that is owned by Build Toronto. They currently lease part of it for downsview parking.

Here is a one page PDF from the Build Toronto webpage showing the property they own and their intentions.

http://www.buildtoronto.ca/documents/properties-1035-Sheppard.pdf

Here is a quote from the article in the Star about Build Toronto's plans,"At this point, Build Toronto’s largest residential project is slated for a 54-acre property at Sheppard and Allen, adjacent to Downsview Park.

The plan calls for a mixed-use community with 2 million square feet of office and retail space and more than 3,000 midrise and lowrise homes.

Preliminary concepts envision 10- to 14-storey towers along Allen Rd., with townhomes and single-family homes farther east toward Wilson Heights Blvd.

A portion of the stock will be affordable housing, which Build Toronto defines as 20 per cent below Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corp. averages.

In total, Build Toronto has been mandated to deliver 1,000 affordable rental units and 250 affordable ownership units through its projects, in partnership with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity
."

The full article is here: http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/realestate/article/860796--build-toronto-s-grand-designs

Here is a one page PDF from the Build Toronto webpage showing the property they own and their intentions.

http://www.buildtoronto.ca/documents/properties-1035-Sheppard.pdf

The full article is here: http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/realestate/article/860796--build-toronto-s-grand-designs

Sounds promising.... untill the line that says "“Downsview Park holds covenants on the lands that are preventing us from building residential there. So we obviously have to work with the city on having those lifted.”"

Sounds promising.... untill the line that says "“Downsview Park holds covenants on the lands that are preventing us from building residential there. So we obviously have to work with the city on having those lifted.”"

Yeah, city funded development sounds like it could jumpstart the urbanization of the area. It should help promote more retail areas and maybe they'll build a grocery store within walking distance.

Are you from M2? My heater is really a pain. During thanksgiving weekend, it was not working so I filed a complaint first thing on Tuesday morning and they fixed it. Come Saturday, it was not working again!!! I tired of complaining every first business day of the week. . .

Heat not working either! This is a pain since during the first month here, the A/C wasn't working either. They should get this stuff sorted out.

Are you from M2? My heater is really a pain. During thanksgiving weekend, it was not working so I filed a complaint first thing on Tuesday morning and they fixed it. Come Saturday, it was not working again!!! I tired of complaining every first business day of the week. . .

Wasn't only you, I think the whole buidling had heating issues during that week.

What kind of door stopper are you getting?

Has anyone gotten door stoppers yet? The hallways are frigid and all that cold air is coming into the unit, wondering if anyone has a time frame when they plan on installing? If its too long of a wait, just gonna do it myself.

Question

So I was wondering do we have to stay with Rogers because the whole building has rogers or can we go with a different provider? :confused:

I was thinking of putting ours in this weekend. The hallways are super frigid and I don't think the door stoppers will prevent the cold air from coming in.

I was thinking of putting ours in this weekend. The hallways are super frigid and I don't think the door stoppers will prevent the cold air from coming in.

But a door stopper and insulation will. Just wondering if I should pick up the door stopper myself since im at hd anywho.

But a door stopper and insulation will. Just wondering if I should pick up the door stopper myself since im at hd anywho.

As per your welcome package you are not allowed to put any insulation between the door and the wall. it sucks. but try and see if they force you to take it out.

Back