News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 838     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I got the same call as you, but I had to pass on the extension as well. I asked if turning down the extension was likely to cause rushed workmanship, but of course they said no. My PDI is on Wednesday, so hopefully its okay. It sounds like everyone's unit is mostly okay, but I've been preparing myself for the worst ever since seeing those terrible pics on that other Liberty project. I'm okay to deal with any number of minor things, but I just hope the main things are good. Please update us with how your warranty claim is responded to.

Thanks! Good luck with the move.

Will do. I got my keys today and did some minor moving in. Was really disappointed to see that pretty much NOTHING was fixed from my PDI - only a couple of paint touch ups so far :( I can deal with waiting 120 days for them to fix the minor scratches and touch ups, but I had really hoped that they'd fix the huge scratch they made in the floor where my fridge is and the cabinet that was peeling on the inside before I started to move in :(

Good luck with your PDI tomorrow and I hope you don't have any major problems!

For those who have 9 foot ceilings, what is the height in your washroom? Is it 8 ft so the bulkhead is a foot deep? Any photos of the washroom would be helpful.
Looking to buying a unit in M3. Thx

I have 9ft ceilings and the bathroom is 8ft - yes, they used 1ft for the wiring & pipes etc; there. Here are a couple of pics:

DSC01735.jpg
DSC01739.jpg

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Will do. I got my keys today and did some minor moving in. Was really disappointed to see that pretty much NOTHING was fixed from my PDI - only a couple of paint touch ups so far :( I can deal with waiting 120 days for them to fix the minor scratches and touch ups, but I had really hoped that they'd fix the huge scratch they made in the floor where my fridge is and the cabinet that was peeling on the inside before I started to move in :(

Good luck with your PDI tomorrow and I hope you don't have any major problems!

hey

we've been here over a month and we still have a list of 19 things outstanding...don't get your hopes up...we have a torn screen and scratched glass. not to mention 4 holes in the wall from where they removed the bathroom towel holders :(

I have 9ft ceilings and the bathroom is 8ft - yes, they used 1ft for the wiring & pipes etc; there. Here are a couple of pics:

DSC01735.jpg
DSC01739.jpg

Hope that helps!

That's great thanks.Looks great. Just curious..is it a full 9ft in your suite? I went to have a look at the Queen's Park suite on the ground floor in M1 that they were showing as a model and I'm not entirely sure but it didn't look 9 ft. It look more like 8'6" based upon the height above the doorway?

That's great thanks.Looks great. Just curious..is it a full 9ft in your suite? I went to have a look at the Queen's Park suite on the ground floor in M1 that they were showing as a model and I'm not entirely sure but it didn't look 9 ft. It look more like 8'6" based upon the height above the doorway?

I own a queens park (3rd floor) and it is 9 foot ceilings on the bedroom and living/dinning room. everything else is 8 feet. the 9 foot does make the place look bigger!! I also have the 8 foot bathroom as well.

had my PDI today. no real complains, a couple spots where grout was missing, a couple spots where they needed to touch things up, door frames, etc.

my only real issue which should be solved before i move in was a missing breaker in my electrical box, so as a result several plugs didnt work (i checked them all, recommend you do too)

the guy who did the PDI with me was very helpful and did not rush me at all. i took close to an hour, at my own pace

one thing i recommend: bring a tissue with you to test the bathroom fans. they are very quiet and i found the best way to see if they were working correctly was to put a tissue up to is and see if it stayed in place when i took my hand away (try it, you'll figure out what i mean)

anyways, hope that helps.

movin in on friday!!

I'd say most of my unit is 9ft (minus the bathroom - 8ft) - hallway, kitchen, living/dining & bedroom - although part of the living/dining room has this bulkhead jutting out for about 1/4 of the ceiling space...

I have a general question to those who've moved in for a while now and still have outstanding deficiencies:

Have you gone ahead and put up furniture, area rugs, etc; even if it blocks access to the green tape marker left from your PDI? Eg: I have several minor scratches and chips on my wall in my bedroom which will most likely take the full 120 days for them to get around to - but my furniture will be arriving tomorrow and I'd like to start putting up things like bookcases etc;

Are we expected to live half moved in and half unpacked until they get to fixing the issues? I just wanted to see how others are dealing with trying to settle in at this point...

Thanks!

I have a general question to those who've moved in for a while now and still have outstanding deficiencies:

Have you gone ahead and put up furniture, area rugs, etc; even if it blocks access to the green tape marker left from your PDI? Eg: I have several minor scratches and chips on my wall in my bedroom which will most likely take the full 120 days for them to get around to - but my furniture will be arriving tomorrow and I'd like to start putting up things like bookcases etc;

Are we expected to live half moved in and half unpacked until they get to fixing the issues? I just wanted to see how others are dealing with trying to settle in at this point...

Thanks!

Hey man, you can start arranging your condo to your liking, they will move things around when it is time to fix it.

Hey man, you can start arranging your condo to your liking, they will move things around when it is time to fix it.

Agreed. Just put anything outstanding on your Tarion 30 day form so you have them on record and if they come and miss something because you have furniture covering it, they will just have to come back.

I was curious, how many of you purchased the condo to live in yourselves, and how many are investing to rent it out? i just googled rental properties in this location as saw at least 20 listings for Metro Place. I really like the development and was looking to get a unit in Metropolis but I've been caution by many people about condos that have a large percent of the tenants renting.

I was curious, how many of you purchased the condo to live in yourselves, and how many are investing to rent it out? i just googled rental properties in this location as saw at least 20 listings for Metro Place. I really like the development and was looking to get a unit in Metropolis but I've been caution by many people about condos that have a large percent of the tenants renting.

I bought for myself, no plans to rent

Back