News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

But the question still remains as to who is responsible for plowing this street, is it the City ? Another tenant in the elevator today told me that Metro Place is responsible for plowing this street. Whoever it is that did plow the street, did a very poor job because of all the parked cars, they could only clear one car width on the street.

Why should we be responsible for plowing a street that's half-used by other entities? Idomo would have just as much obligation as we do. It's definitely the city. Our snowplowers did a great job on our driveways, all things considered.

Why should we be responsible for plowing a street that's half-used by other entities? Idomo would have just as much obligation as we do. It's definitely the city. Our snowplowers did a great job on our driveways, all things considered.

The snow removal service (whether it was a third-party company or our own maintenance people) did a great job on our driveways and I definitely appreciate that they cleared De Boers Dr. between the two driveways, because it was CLEARLY not their responsibility.

PeterM1 - have you ever visited the suburbs after a big snow fall? It can take a few days for the city to get to those streets. Shoot, the 401 was still a mess Saturday, even into Sunday. If the 401 was still a mess this weekend, why would you expect our tiny little side-street to have been cleared. This is just a fact of life... but if you have such a huge issue with it, why not grab a shovel and have at it?

It's been a while since I addressed you personally, but honestly, you find the most unreasonable things to complain about.

The snow removal service (whether it was a third-party company or our own maintenance people) did a great job on our driveways and I definitely appreciate that they cleared De Boers Dr. between the two driveways, because it was CLEARLY not their responsibility.

PeterM1 - have you ever visited the suburbs after a big snow fall? It can take a few days for the city to get to those streets. Shoot, the 401 was still a mess Saturday, even into Sunday. If the 401 was still a mess this weekend, why would you expect our tiny little side-street to have been cleared. This is just a fact of life... but if you have such a huge issue with it, why not grab a shovel and have at it?

It's been a while since I addressed you personally, but honestly, you find the most unreasonable things to complain about.

I love the fact that they cleaned our walkways and the park as fast as they did. Maintenance money going to good use. Even my dogs enjoyed playing in the Snow Mountains. On Saturday I was able to get out of De Boers with my tiny car just fine so as far as I’m concerned someone did a good job all things considered (Thanks Mr. Ford). But really Peter why complain if you haven’t even used the roads. I went to visit my parents and their road still wasn’t cleaned on Sunday. Toronto is a BIG city so give it time and they will get it done.

Finally more rational people have moved in here such as confused and greentea . The heat is unbearable , it is like an oven in my bedroom no matter how cold it is outside. I don't know why and where all this heat is coming from ? Is there a central thermostat that is controlling the temperature for the entire building or is it the Sun perhaps that is heating up these units ? The reason that I said that comment about more rational people that have moved into M 3 and M 4 is because the first two years that I lived here, whenever I complained about something I was always ridiculed and made fun of in this forum . In the first two years no one in this forum could comprehend that strangers shouldn't be entering people's private residences and also that the amount of dust in the units and building was unbearable. Yes, I KNEW that in a newly constructed building there will be dust but my unit wasn't even cleaned before it was handed over to me . The dust was literally up to my ankles when I moved into the unit because it had not even been cleaned before I moved in . Yes , I did go down to complain and I was lied to and told that the unit was cleaned.

col. forbin, he missed you.

col. forbin, he missed you.

I bet he did. I'm all for exchanging thoughts and ideas on this message board, but there's just so many asinine complaints I can read. Complaining that the parking garage in a brand new building is "too messy" or that the unit was "too dusty" when the building was STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION? lol. Good times.

Last edited:
No I didn't go anywhere, I opened my door, looked around not a soul in sight, air smelled pretty clean so I figured I would just wait for an announcement. This was my first alarm in the building, I moved in in Novemeber. I hope this does not happen too often, especially in the middle of the night. It is not one of the greatest ways to be woken up :mad:

No I didn't go anywhere, I opened my door, looked around not a soul in sight, air smelled pretty clean so I figured I would just wait for an announcement. This was my first alarm in the building, I moved in in Novemeber. I hope this does not happen too often, especially in the middle of the night. It is not one of the greatest ways to be woken up :mad:

Not often...but once in a blue moon.

Not often...but once in a blue moon.

Just heard this one was the exact same reason as August 2011: Powerwashing in the change rooms, and they didn't either a. cover the smoke detector or b. tell security to get the fire alarm set up for it. And since it was a common area, all 4 buildings get the alarms.

I thought of joining the usual lobby party especially since I hate having to constantly run to the silencer when they make an announcement, but now that they put the locked doors in the stairs between ground and 2, I figured I'd have no way to get back up until the elevators started running again, and when we have our late night lobby parties, it takes forever to get an elevator.

Back