News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Just heard this one was the exact same reason as August 2011: Powerwashing in the change rooms, and they didn't either a. cover the smoke detector or b. tell security to get the fire alarm set up for it. And since it was a common area, all 4 buildings get the alarms.

I thought of joining the usual lobby party especially since I hate having to constantly run to the silencer when they make an announcement, but now that they put the locked doors in the stairs between ground and 2, I figured I'd have no way to get back up until the elevators started running again, and when we have our late night lobby parties, it takes forever to get an elevator.

Don't you have a key to open the stairwell door between ground and 2. I took my stairs yesterday...first time and encountered that door, I tried one Of the keys I have for the building and it worked.

Just heard this one was the exact same reason as August 2011: Powerwashing in the change rooms, and they didn't either a. cover the smoke detector or b. tell security to get the fire alarm set up for it. And since it was a common area, all 4 buildings get the alarms.

I thought of joining the usual lobby party especially since I hate having to constantly run to the silencer when they make an announcement, but now that they put the locked doors in the stairs between ground and 2, I figured I'd have no way to get back up until the elevators started running again, and when we have our late night lobby parties, it takes forever to get an elevator.

All 4 buildings got the alarm? Brutal. How many people actually went down to the lobby? IMO the people who probably got to the lobby first are also the people who get excited about complaining about things

Yes, in that case it probably was my locker key. Thats kinda stupid that only people who have lockers would be able to access the locked doors in the stairwell. I think everyone should should have a key.

Ok, so I guess Matthew is gone for good. The girl who was working in M2 tonight told me Condor asked her if she could do Monday-Friday 4-midnight, and if she could commit to a year. Also, he's Facebook friends with a bunch of residents and closed down his account.

Ok, so I guess Matthew is gone for good. The girl who was working in M2 tonight told me Condor asked her if she could do Monday-Friday 4-midnight, and if she could commit to a year. Also, he's Facebook friends with a bunch of residents and closed down his account.

Sucks to hear that, he was a great guy!

Oh well, the new concierge lady seems nice.

Definitely. I hope she sticks around, its nice to have a familiar face at the desk. Especially in the evenings when you actually get to interact with the concierge vs. the day-time person who I never really see.

Also, can you believe they haven't plowed our street yet? I drove out this morning and there was slush everywhere!! /PeterM1 mockery

Definitely. I hope she sticks around, its nice to have a familiar face at the desk. Especially in the evenings when you actually get to interact with the concierge vs. the day-time person who I never really see.

Also, can you believe they haven't plowed our street yet? I drove out this morning and there was slush everywhere!! /PeterM1 mockery

LOL! That was funny...

But yes, the new concierge is very nice. I hope she sticks around too, I don't like seeing different people from week to week.

They asked her to commit to a year so I'm optimistic.

And for the record, they cleaned the street a lot faster this time than they did last time. See? Complaining about the government on an internet message board works!

I'm gonna complain here about Allen road - I've always lived in this area and there was always 3 lanes going northbound. All of a sudden, these condos came up and they decided to reduce to 2 lanes causing all this congestion. I don't even think its a bus lane cause buses don't drive northbound on Allen. Now it's just 2 lanes, lots of congestion and all this extra land east of Allen gone to waste. Maybe someone can explain why hey decided to do this? Seems reverse to me.

I'm gonna complain here about Allen road - I've always lived in this area and there was always 3 lanes going northbound. All of a sudden, these condos came up and they decided to reduce to 2 lanes causing all this congestion. I don't even think its a bus lane cause buses don't drive northbound on Allen. Now it's just 2 lanes, lots of congestion and all this extra land east of Allen gone to waste. Maybe someone can explain why hey decided to do this? Seems reverse to me.

If you mean south of Sheppard, it seems like it's probably because of the bus lane at the subway station. They could have 3 lanes going but then the bus lane comes up, and it'd have to merge to 2, which would slow things down worse. Which is nuts that we lose a whole lane for 100m of a bus lane instead of the bus waiting for a light to go. But since it took years to do it and the road is still a mess, they're not gonna change it back anytime soon.

If you ever drive up Allen on a rainy or snowy day, or after one, you may see police cars or ambulances driving around that land east of Allen. It's some kind of training course for them (even though I've also seen police cars use the taxiway at their airport)

If you are talking Just north of Sheppard it is for the YORK U bus and Go bus. they do use it and yes I dont like it. right at allen and De Boers there is a lane closure (it will be there for a while) because of the subway expansion, this does delay things.

Back