Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Where are you getting your info? Did you buy your unit from assignment and got misleading info? By no means am I trying to defend the builder but no way it has been delayed for 2 years. You know this is a building and not a house right?

Actually, I think I am the first group of the purchasers Legacy. I purchased in July, 2007 and at that tiime the tenative closing date was in Dec 2009. After a year (June 2008), I got a letter and it said the closing data would be 20-dec-10. After another year (June 2009), I got a letter and it said the closing date will be 31-Mar-11. I am afarid that I will get a letter this year, and the closing date will be proponed again. There is no protection for the condos buyer???

Actually, I think I am the first group of the purchasers Legacy. I purchased in July, 2007 and at that tiime the tenative closing date was in Dec 2009. After a year (June 2008), I got a letter and it said the closing data would be 20-dec-10. After another year (June 2009), I got a letter and it said the closing date will be 31-Mar-11. I am afarid that I will get a letter this year, and the closing date will be proponed again. There is no protection for the condos buyer???

I think you should really read your notices carefully. Unless there is a typo, the tenative move in date was never Dec 2009. I maybe wrong but average condos get built in 3 1/2 + years. I am also in the first phase and initially they say late 2010 but of course always expect delay. The latest notice I got is suppose to be Dec/Jan 2010 and my unit is on the lower floors. You may want to call them up to confirm or just read your previous notices again. It is such a big investment, you should at least get these simple info. straight.

• Bathroom Counter upgrade height 32' -> 36" $160
  • In shower/tub bathroom light $328
  • Cap Light $216
  • Switch for additional lighting $200
  • Potlight (MR16) $336
  • New TV outlet $356
  • Relocate TV outlet $160
  • Convert tub to shower $1920
  • New Electrical outlet $232
  • Relocate Electrical outlet $160
  • Plywood backing/support for TV $160
  • In wall Conduit for TV $256
  • Valence lighting for kitchen counter top $1000

Notes:
  • Stainless steel appliances are fridgid air. You can get a voucher from the brick (I think) if you want a different brand.
  • If you have a thermostat in a bedroom chances are that room DOES NOT have opening windows. I found this out recently...

There were a couple of other things i inquired about but the prices where just to much to even bother writing down.

Last day for Legacy upgrades is Feburary 22

All this applies to Legacy, I'm assuming Ultra will be either similar or even more expensive....

I was disappointed by the quote for the "Bathroom Counter upgrade height 32inch -> 36inch " . They sent me an amendment to sign within 4 days and the upgrade was 50% more than what I was quoted for. $240 instead of $160. The sales rep was trying to explain how it was only a verbal estimated quote, but it's not like this is the first condo they have ever built or even close to the estimate.

Irrelevant thought below.
I wonder what the sales rep would say if I said she was to earn 50k per year and decided to give her a 50% pay cut come pay day...

Hi guys,

I bought Bryant 637 Legacy at Heron's Hill. I am so frustrated about the delay of the closing date. Now the tenative closing date was from Dec, 2009 to Mar 31, 2010. I am wondering if I can get any addendum because of the delay. By the way, is anyone who also bought Legacy around? I want to share some information.

thanks,

Honford

Legacy
Purchased August 2008.
As of today the move in date is April 2011.
I'm on the upper floors.

honford_c, I purchased legacy and I'm curious as to what information you are interested in sharing...

I purchased a unit in Legacy in March of 2009 and at the time, I was told the expected occupancy date would be September 2010.

I haven't received any notice extending this to 2011 yet - although I should mention that I'm on one of the lower floors. Is there any chance we'll be able to move in before next year?

On a related note, I just recently picked my finishes. The cost of some upgrades was pretty painful!

I purchased a unit in Legacy in March of 2009 and at the time, I was told the expected occupancy date would be September 2010.

I haven't received any notice extending this to 2011 yet - although I should mention that I'm on one of the lower floors. Is there any chance we'll be able to move in before next year?

On a related note, I just recently picked my finishes. The cost of some upgrades was pretty painful!

What was the cost of chainging the ceiling from stucco to flat? I'm most curious about this expense.

Yes please share what upgrades you selected and and the cost.

Most likely early 2011 is the move in date.

ah, makes much more sense. i thought the post was alluding to a tunnel for pedestrians to walk to Don Mills Subway.

I received a letter from Monarch last summer stating that the tentative occupancy date would be end of Jan 2011. I am at Legacy Podium. I was also told no confirmed occupancy date would be released until the roof of the Legacy tower is completed. How about you guys?

I think you should really read your notices carefully. Unless there is a typo, the tenative move in date was never Dec 2009. I maybe wrong but average condos get built in 3 1/2 + years. I am also in the first phase and initially they say late 2010 but of course always expect delay. The latest notice I got is suppose to be Dec/Jan 2010 and my unit is on the lower floors. You may want to call them up to confirm or just read your previous notices again. It is such a big investment, you should at least get these simple info. straight.

I did review my notice. I am pretty sure I am right. I tried to upload my pdf file but don't know how. What is the maximum size of file I can attach?

I received a letter from Monarch last summer stating that the tentative occupancy date would be end of Jan 2011. I am at Legacy Podium. I was also told no confirmed occupancy date would be released until the roof of the Legacy tower is completed. How about you guys?

Same here. Which unit did you buy? Is your unit two storeys?

Same here. Which unit did you buy? Is your unit two storeys?

My unit is on 3rd floor. What about yours? I was told that the closing date would be around April 2011. Do you know when the shuttle bus will start running between our building and Don Mills Station? Somebody said it would be May 3rd but not confirmed yet.

My unit is on 3rd floor. What about yours? I was told that the closing date would be around April 2011. Do you know when the shuttle bus will start running between our building and Don Mills Station? Somebody said it would be May 3rd but not confirmed yet.

Mine is on the 3rd and 4th floor. So your latest notice is move in around Jan/2011 and closing on April/2011, sounds about the same info as I got. Not sure when the shuttle bus service will start. Did you go for your colour selection yet?

ah, makes much more sense. i thought the post was alluding to a tunnel for pedestrians to walk to Don Mills Subway.

Still a little not clear, does this mean that TTC tunnel will somehow be connecting through the parking space of Ultra !? just wondering as how would the tunnel and Ultra connect !? would that not add the noise factor or the vibration factor on the lower floors ?

Back