News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 432     0 

Leaside

I asked someone at Metro and they said they needed to re-build the Beer Store since the building was too old. According to them, there will be a beer store there. I think the sign just points out the closest beer store for those thirsty people in search of beer.

http://www.bayview-news.com/2014/11/9-storey-mixed-use-bid-for-south-bayview.html?m=1

Josh Matlow has already came out against this.

I've said for a long long long time that what needs to happen is to connect the retail on Bayview between Hillsdale and Davisville with the future node at Eglinton and Bayview. 9-Storeys seems like a lot but it is still comfortably mid-rise height and I wouldn't mind increased density in the area. Hopefully something nice comes of this.

Last edited:
http://www.bayview-news.com/2014/11/9-storey-mixed-use-bid-for-south-bayview.html?m=1

Josh Matlow has already came out against this.

I've said for a long long long time that what needs to happen is to connect the retail on Bayview between Hillsdale and Davisville with the future node at Eglinton and Bayview. 9-Storeys seems like a lot but it is still comfortably mid-rise height and I wouldn't mind increased density in the area. Hopefully something nice comes of this.

I've never seen Matlow not be against a development..

i erred about the roehampton beer store, it is returning

dug out my photos from july, zoomed in on the poster in the window, says it will open spring/summer 2015

roehampton-beer-store-inside.jpg

roehampton-beer-store.jpg

Attachments

• roehampton-beer-store-inside.jpg
    roehampton-beer-store-inside.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 532
  • roehampton-beer-store.jpg
    roehampton-beer-store.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 539
The old building didn't look too bad eh? I wonder: was it built so cheaply that it had already reached it's expiry date?

Anyways, going to Laird isn't bad. The Longos there is cool, Five Guys burger is good, and you can see the eastern TBMs for the Eglinton LRT stored across the street.

My only complaint about that plaza is that it was built to mimic an urban street grid in a way (but with parking), however, there are so few entrances & exits into the parking lot.

Haha I was there the other day. We got lost trying to exit the the parking lot. :p

Unrelated, but are we including the neighborhood of Davisville in this thread? People seem to want to talk about that stuff here and not in the Midtown thread. Myself included, as I probably consider myself part of that neighborhood rather than as part of Leaside.

Haha I was there the other day. We got lost trying to exit the the parking lot. :p

Unrelated, but are we including the neighborhood of Davisville in this thread? People seem to want to talk about that stuff here and not in the Midtown thread. Myself included, as I probably consider myself part of that neighborhood rather than as part of Leaside.

To me, Leaside is east of Bayview, but the exact boundaries or what threads to discuss what are not really important to me.

rode the new asphalt on overlea dr yesterday... oh, what a joy... you can really "open it up"

("open it up" is an idiom for increasing speed as much as desired... fun in a car, exhilarating on a bicycle)

overlea bus stops have concrete pads instead of asphalt, presumably to avoid buckling (when was the last time you said buckling, eh)

I saw they put in the concrete. It makes sense, if I recall there were a lot of tire knuckles on Overlea from buses.

Yah there was a lot of uneven pavement caused by the TTC buses, especially in front of EYTC. I bike on Overlea too and now it's much better. Although in the future I hope they make room for bike lanes. There's a lot of room available if they narrow those center islands.

Back