News   Mar 28, 2024
 599     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 892     0 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manulife LCBO is looking almost ready to open. They have scaffolding up on the Balmuto side of the building presumably to install the signage.
F8DE7B38-DCEB-43C4-A580-09C4DE640A55.jpeg
50735009-7101-413C-B56E-43A85EB30616.jpeg
E885EC44-BED6-4BDE-97DF-B1B0F487DB93.jpeg

LCBO at King and Yonge (4 King West) will open November 1st, 2021.

LCBO opened at 750 Dupont Street, just west of Christie, in the base of the new condo building. The store is on the smaller side, but it's great to have one in the area. They are currently awaiting delivery of their refrigerator coolers.

So true, but I really hope that this new store has the selection befitting of a flagship store, the old one certainly did not.
Yesterday afternoon, their old store had closed permanently, and signs were inviting people to visit their brand new store upstairs. From the outside, I saw shelves filled with large quantities of identical bottles, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions about selection! But I couldn't get in, because of course, it opens only today... That was so typical of the public service that I wasn't disappointed.

But I picked up a nice bottle of rosé at Eataly... with a single piece of chocolate. Because you have to buy a food item when buying wine in a restaurant, and they keep bowls of Baci by the cash registers for that very purpose.

Yesterday afternoon, their old store had closed permanently, and signs were inviting people to visit their brand new store upstairs. From the outside, I saw shelves filled with large quantities of identical bottles, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions about selection! But I couldn't get in, because of course, it opens only today... That was so typical of the public service that I wasn't disappointed.

But I picked up a nice bottle of rosé at Eataly... with a single piece of chocolate. Because you have to buy a food item when buying wine in a restaurant, and they keep bowls of Baci by the cash registers for that very purpose.

Which of these did you get?

1633525624153.png

How did you find it?

Which of these did you get?

View attachment 353872

How did you find it?
It was a differerent Cerasuolo d'Abruzzi by Gianni Masciarelli; they have it in their refrigerated section. I love rosé and I don't recall seeing any Italian rosé at the LCBO, but I might have missed them. We enjoyed it. Very dry, lightly tannic, made from Montepulciano grapes.

About the new LCBO store, I must add that as a Manulife resident, I was shocked and dismayed to finally realize that there is no indoor access to it.

It was a differerent Cerasuolo d'Abruzzi by Gianni Masciarelli; they have it in their refrigerated section. I love rosé and I don't recall seeing any Italian rosé at the LCBO, but I might have missed them. We enjoyed it. Very dry, lightly tannic, made from Montepulciano grapes.

Interesting, I just lifted the choices from their online delivery menu.

About the new LCBO store, I must add that as a Manulife resident, I was shocked and dismayed to finally realize that there is no indoor access to it.

That seems odd; did Ashley have inside access; I don't remember anymore.

They have a much larger selection in the store.
It did, but now there is a BMO branch between the mall itself and the LCBO store.

Yeah, this is a bit of a pain and annoying, especially when January/February arrives and I have to put on layers to literally go outside for five seconds to grab booze. But whatever...

As for selection, I have actually gotten some very good Sicilian wines at Eataly for less than 30 bucks. This LCBO better step up their Argentinian game as well, I've been very disappointed in their limited releases.

Back