News   Jul 02, 2024
 591     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 686     0 

King Street (Streetcar Transit Priority)

Finally Toronto Police are cracking down on the real problem on King Street
1699615213695.png

1699615285619.png

Finally Toronto Police are cracking down on the real problem on King Street
View attachment 519143

View attachment 519144
I would got the badge number of the police officer and reported him for abused use of power, creating a worse traffic mess and delaying transit service to thousands of riders.

TTC driver should fight this ticket and complain why it doesn't happen to single drivers who caused this mess daily and blocking the intersections as well streetcars.

I don't think asking the cop for his badge number would have gotten you anywhere, seeing as he threatened the other driver for the insidious offense of questioning the all holy word of the police. He probably would've arrested you for it!

I don't think asking the cop for his badge number would have gotten you anywhere, seeing as he threatened the other driver for the insidious offense of questioning the all holy word of the police. He probably would've arrested you for it!
Always take the car number as well time in place of asking to the point taking a photo when he wasn't looking

And this is why we should defund the police. They aren't serving the people. This ticket literally helped no one. I am a driver, and I find this patently ridiculous and actually offensive that a police offer would do this, and that the police service would stand behind it. Did they forget who they serve?

Catch actual crooks? Too much work. Easier to ticket a driver for a city-owned transit agency.

I am in the office downtown 3x a week, and I often do see the streetcars blocking intersections, but traffic is a nightmare all over downtown right now and a lot of times its cars or even pedestrians blocking the streetcars from moving. Maybe people shouldn't be idiots and waste their time driving into the traffic nightmare that is downtown. Take the GO. Seriously.

Last edited:
Am I the only one with the ugly feeling that Leary’s response to this thing might be to try and hang the operator out to dry? I don’t seem to recall the TTC being very helpful to the employees TPS kidnapped during the G20.
What happened?!? I'm too young to have really understood in the moment what happened during the G20 protests put this is the first im hearing of the cops kidnapping TTC employees. Hardly shocked smh

Back