News   Jul 15, 2024
 596     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 754     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

Hyatt on King West (Holiday Inn remake) COMPLETE

If they would have used the same black cladding on the hotel at Maple Leaf Square, it would have looked great. If it's an upscale hotel, why would they use such cheap looking cladding? Well, really it's just paint and a lousy coloured paint at that. It looks very poorly done too.

I'm going to give Hyatt the benefit of the doubt and assume that the cladding is still a work in progress. They obviously want to open the hotel back up and start filling rooms as soon as possible, but that does not preclude exterior renovations. I maintain that the gray paint is simply primer, because there's no way a 4-star hotel chain would slap their name on that.

While we were sleeping, they clad the eastern wall and parking area in sexy black granite tiles with wood accents. I suspect that this is the future for the primer-painted panels on the other sides of the building.

Ooh next time someone is in the area, they should get some pictures of this. I look forward to seeing it.

From Spectator77 at skyscrapercity.com

8pf6h7p3cpzc5sou6ld7.jpg

Well, if the entire thing is clad in this I will forever hate Hyatt. Another grey building is all toronto needs!! *sigh* *roll eyes*!!

Starting to think they aren't going to expand the black granite any further, but the paint is already chipped and scratched all the way around. And they just painted over some rusting screw holes where signs used to be. I still doubt they'll leave it this way. Giving it time.

I walked by it recently, Grey's right, there's no way it'll be left like this. You can actually see the paintbrush marks on the panels. Something will be done with it in time.

I walked by it recently, Grey's right, there's no way it'll be left like this. You can actually see the paintbrush marks on the panels. Something will be done with it in time.

You keep saying that, as they add more and more stuff to the building.

If it's primer, why is it so glossy?
If it's primer, it needs to be redone, as it's chipping off.
The point of primer is to provide a solid base for another coating...this point seems to be missed here.

You keep saying that, as they add more and more stuff to the building.

If it's primer, why is it so glossy?
If it's primer, it needs to be redone, as it's chipping off.
The point of primer is to provide a solid base for another coating...this point seems to be missed here.
So it's not primer. Changes nothing.

Back