News   May 10, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

That pile of trash is pretty new anyway. But it's true that the stretch of Keele from Dundas to St. Clair is fairly grim. It's the worst section of the Junction. Condo development will likely improve things, though.

I think that asholetray was the subject of "The Fixer" in the Star a while back; I thought they'd cleaned it up, yet it's dirty again...

The location isn't without drawbacks, but you're dwelling on its worst aspects. When I was choosing a unit, Options for Homes sent me some photos taken at the site from a cherry picker (at a height equivalent to either the 6th or 8th floor):

North

North-West

South

South-East

East

thanks for these! can we upload them to the facebook page?

thanks for these! can we upload them to the facebook page?
To be honest, I haven't requested permission to post the photos, but I don't see why Options would object. (Incidentally, each photo in my post links to a higher res version.)

i hope the area turns out to be a success. keele north of dundas is still very iffy and the pockets show. builder seems honest. hopefully projects like this can turn this area around and hopefully bridge the rest of the junction area.

That's interesting considering that demolition hasn't finished and a lot of the building is still standing.

It can be done by then, but they're moving slowly.

The building has been completely gutted, and some of the existing walls/foundation will be used for retaining purposes during construction due to its proximity to the train tracks.

The official word from Options for Homes is that construction is scheduled to begin August 11th, with occupancy taking place in early 2010.

Major demo begins at Junction Options for Homes site today.

sept-17th-052.jpg

Today major demo began at the site, the junction community blog is putting a a lot of coverage up. http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer

Village by the Park demo moves fast Friday Sept 19th

Village by the Park demo moves fast Friday Sept 19th with a 3 larger backhoes working against the building. One backhoe has a clasp grapple, while another has a metal shear and a third has concrete demo/crusher attachment.

Most interesting is that they have removed the hoarding from the Keele St. side of the lot, which great views at the present time.

sept-19th-can-tire-village-by-park-demo-025.jpg

sept-19th-can-tire-village-by-park-demo-042.jpg

Thank you both for the update and pictures. Will go have to take a look with my own eyes!!

Zahraa

I like the look of the silos, I’m sure the new buildings will block them but it gives a nice industrial feel in the Junction and a tie back to the rail yards.

Back