News   Jun 27, 2024
 377     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

Address?

I'm not sure, but it's the old Canadian Tire property on east side of Keele just north of Dundas. The ads in the subway advertise it as being 6 blocks from High Park and Keele Station. A bit of a trek to call it High Park Lofts, though the location isn't that bad.

Really? I didn't think that project was so close to the street...and the massing looks totally different. Could this be a new phase?

Wawaweewa!

The previous version was tired slab. This one has personality. Niiiice...

...but optionsforhomes.ca still has the previous rendering with no mention of architectural changes. Some detective work is warranted.

their track record isn't very good.

What makes you say that? Michel Labbe (Options for Homes) has a great track record for building and advocating for affordable housing. The financial model used is rather interesting to help people who otherwise couldn't get into ownership housing.

I just made a phone call to Options. Between the two people I spoke to it would seem that the new rendering is for Phase 2, but neither employee was looking at their website, so that's not the absolute final word. I don't know why there's any confusion about this. They should be able to be unequivocal about it.

Sales begin on May 26 (same day as Doors Open). I'll report back.

What makes you say that? Michel Labbe (Options for Homes) has a great track record for building and advocating for affordable housing. The financial model used is rather interesting to help people who otherwise couldn't get into ownership housing.
Indeed, not always the prettiest buildings, but certainly a format that allows many more people to enter home ownership. Also, despite their building's general slabiness, they tend to be fairly urban.

One of the earlier Options for Homes projects are the condo buildings immediately surrounding the distillery. While not beautiful, they are aren't bad.

That new rendering looks quite interesting. Affordable housing is a great thing in my opinion.

Some info on the project/unit prices:

The Village by High Park 2 will be built by Deltera, which is a member of the Tridel group of companies. The 23-storey tower will feature a multi-purpose room with a kitchen, library, lounge, boardroom & 4th floor rooftop garden. Energy saving features will keep monthly carrying costs down, and car sharing will be available.

Prices for phase 2 start from $124,460 for a 490sqf Bachelor with a solarium. 1 bdrm + den start at $169,000 for 650sqf; 2bdrm + den from $201,745 for 785sqf; 2bdrm + solarium from $215,390 for 905sqf. Options for Homes has a variety of financing models that assist lower income buyers to achieve home ownership - more details of the financial models are available on the options for homes website.

Back