News   Jul 22, 2024
 260     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 544     0 

Goldie's Toronto

Thanks Lone , how quickly I forgot how beautiful our summer's can be after taking a few shots today of the all white Leaside with the snow.

Nice additions to the old bridge photo, lone primate. Thanks.
Can anyone date my old photo by the construction of the apartments? I have no recollection.

Nice additions to the old bridge photo, lone primate. Thanks.
Can anyone date my old photo by the construction of the apartments? I have no recollection.

The earliest reference I can find to these apartments in either The Star or The Globe, using an exact phrase search for "Graydon Hall Gate" ("Graydon Hall Manor" gives later results), comes from The Toronto Star on Thursday, April 3, 1969. I think they were just drumming up interest at that point because they don't start quoting prices until the summer... $154 for one bedroom, $180 for two, $211 for three. How quaint. :)

Given the advanced state of construction in your photo and the appearance of the landscape and the trees, I'm going to go out on a limb and say late winter/early spring 1969. You probably hurried home from there to catch the latest news on Apollo 9. :)

artappreciation.jpg

I love this one

The first pic (Highland Creek mural)...when was it taken? That gas meter painted like a stawberry (or one similar to it) is sitting in the meter shop at Enbridge right now, and has been for a while. The employees who work there have always been curious as to who did such a great job of painting it and when. It was saved and put into a case in the meter shop where it still is.

The first pic (Highland Creek mural)...when was it taken? That gas meter painted like a stawberry (or one similar to it) is sitting in the meter shop at Enbridge right now, and has been for a while. The employees who work there have always been curious as to who did such a great job of painting it and when. It was saved and put into a case in the meter shop where it still is.

The photos were taken in May/2004

I'm sure info on the artist will be found on the Internet - try "Highland Creek Village" or "Rural Routes".

Thanks, Goldie, the mural is interesting and beautiful, but I'm actually interested in the history of the gas meter and who painted the strawberry on it. It is currently in the meter shop at Enbridge and shop employees have always been interested in who painted it. Most meters are ugly gray. When customers paint them it's usually the colour of the house and a solid colour. The strawberry is very artistic and somewhat facinating.

Thanks, Goldie, the mural is interesting and beautiful, but I'm actually interested in the history of the gas meter and who painted the strawberry on it. It is currently in the meter shop at Enbridge and shop employees have always been interested in who painted it. Most meters are ugly gray. When customers paint them it's usually the colour of the house and a solid colour. The strawberry is very artistic and somewhat facinating.

I assumed that the mural artist painted the meters & pipes too.

Thanks. Lots of murals and lots of info. Im gonna get lost in there tonight in an enjoyable excurion.

More old stuff, Goldie! Show us stuff you've seen that we never could. :)

I said "Space driver, give it a spin! And take us to some places we ain't never been."

Back