waterfront 2005
waterfrontcondos2005.jpg

Ontario College of Art 2005
OCA2005.jpg

Here's lookin' at you, kid.
mirrors2.jpg

Convention Centre
conventioncentrepeoplelights.jpg

The area now known as "West Don Lands" once contained rail lines and terminal sheds.
This photo was made in 1997, before clearing began for the current housing project.

WestDonLands19972.jpg

And this is a capture from today's live video camera.
WestDonLandsJan2012.jpg

Last edited:
The area now known as "West Don Lands" once contained rail lines and terminal sheds.
This photo was made in 1997, before clearing began for the current housing project.

Back around 1988 or 89, the project of the day was, IIRC, Ataraterie, or something like that. Mixed affordable housing similar to Crombie court and what is behind The Windmill line co-op where my father lived. My then girlfriend (now wife) and I signed up and attended some of the few meetings held in regards to getting on the list for a house. It all sounded so good but quickly fell apart due to some unconfirmed city politics.

"Ataratiri," I believe it was spelled...

I hope they still end up using that name somewhere, for something. A street, a new GO station? It's certainly unique.

"Ataratiri," I believe it was spelled...

I hope they still end up using that name somewhere, for something. A street, a new GO station? It's certainly unique.

That name always reminded me of my second computer, an Atari 800xl.

Union Station

UnionStation1-web.jpg

Red White & Blue

redwhiteblue.jpg

banking

banking-web.jpg

The Entrepreneur

TheEntrepeneur.jpg

Soon to be $1.00!

subwayphones-web.jpg

I paid a dollar a few weeks ago!
I rarely use a pay phone and was surprised that the cost was listed at $.50 - I remember the 10-cent calls.
They give no change and I had only a Looney.
Never again!

It all sounded so good but quickly fell apart due to some unconfirmed city politics.

The recession and the big cost of environmental cleanup was the reason it didn't happen. Luckily they found new ways to clean the land in recent years that was much cheaper.

I rarely use a pay phone and was surprised that the cost was listed at $.50 - I remember the 10-cent calls.
Never again!

Man,
I've been keeping a phone card in my wallet, with 25 cents left on it, for over 10 years!

I guess I can finally throw it out now. Haha..

Timothy Eaton's lucky shoe - Toronto's forgotten superstition

TimothyEatonsluckyshoe.jpg

at the Hockey Hall of Fame

hockeyhalloffameweb.jpg

Never again!

Yeah, when I was in Cubs, they used to tell us to always have an emergency dime with you in case you needed to make a telephone call. Now I suppose the equivalent advice would be "badger your parents to give you a $200 cell phone with a $75-a-month talk/text/data plan in case you need to make an emergency call!". Elroy Jetson, welcome home. :)

Back