News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

Yes, it's not like there are any work vehicles there /s

How is this worth posting about? These work cars are generally there every day. They have flashing lights and are driven by a guy in hi-vis at a low speed. Usually off-peak and on a platform which you'll notice doesn't have a train on it. Transit police don't swarm them, and service isn't suspended for hours, because these are work vehicles authorized to be there.

Those vehicles are from A&B rail which is contracted from Mx for flagging operations (protection used to ensure that trains move safely through construction areas) along with TOP's that are are issued and enforced. TTR used to do both, but now only provides maintenance for the USRC.

Those vehicles are from A&B rail which is contracted from Mx for flagging operations (protection used to ensure that trains move safely through construction areas) along with TOP's that are are issued and enforced. TTR used to do both, but now only provides maintenance for the USRC.

That is not a hi-rail vehicle, or you would be able to see the wheels or the hydraulic equipment and bracing behind it.

I'm going to guess this guy got through via the aquarium and MTCC South. You don't need a hi-rail vehicle, you can take a path to one of the elongated platforms (10/11 or 12/13 I believe), and then jump back on the tracks at the shed, where there is wooden support. So I'm hoping this was a ROW safety trained person, perhaps supervising the ongoing work for CIBC Square and the rail deck park. If not, this is a huge safety and security breach.

That is not a hi-rail vehicle, or you would be able to see the wheels or the hydraulic equipment and bracing behind it.

I'm going to guess this guy got through via the aquarium and MTCC South. You don't need a hi-rail vehicle, you can take a path to one of the elongated platforms (10/11 or 12/13 I believe), and then jump back on the tracks at the shed, where there is wooden support. So I'm hoping this was a ROW safety trained person, perhaps supervising the ongoing work for CIBC Square and the rail deck park. If not, this is a huge safety and security breach.

It's not a hi rail vehicle, never stated that, but merely stating that A&B rail are the only vehicles that drives through through the shed every now and then. TTR rail used to do the same thing.

How about some plain frosted plexiglass to let some additional light in?????

Etch each panel with a motif from a Rembrandt or a Da Vinci. Just so long as there is light under the trainshed.

- Paul

Back