News   Mar 28, 2024
 22     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 530     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Good catch! I'll swear I tried that yesterday ... perhaps I did MMDD instead of DDMM ....

Oh and 3 the evening trains to Unionville in each direction are gone - they'd already announced this ... for construction.

Which leaves an unfortunate southbound gap between 3:46 pm and 9:01 pm. And still no northbound in AM peak.

That line - and Georgetown, would be a lot more useful if they could get some reverse peak trains.

The ISO 8601 date and time standard is the internationally accepted way to represent dates and times using numbers: YYYY MM DD hh mm ss (24-hour clock).

Going back to the current westbound schedule, I don't see any trains not stopping in Bramalea. I don't see any on the previous January schedule either.

They are (in April) changing the arrival times for some of the 16:32 departure ... it will be 5 minutes earlier by the time it get's to Bramalea.

Is there a particular run you are thinking about ... perhaps I'm blind.

February 13, 2019
View attachment 178375

Does't seem to be caching here. I've tried a completely different computer on a different network, and the PDF works there too. And then I tried my Android phone, and it downloads the PDF despite never having been near it before.
Works on my phone

Any news on Stouffville weekend service? Do we expect that to happen once station upgrades currently happening complete?

Station upgrades and double tracking phases 1 and 2.

Basically they use the weekends to work on construction without the risks/annoyances of trains running on the track, so they don't want to add trains until they are done.

Kitchener too! A new local from Bramalea in the morning and the oddball Malton trip extended to Bramalea. The Kitchener/Georgetown trips flanking these aren't being made express though, I assume until the elevators are finished at Bramalea.

LOL typical Metrolinx/Toronto transit.

Waiting on a bunch of elevators for a service change that would significantly improve schedules. If this is the case should be made priority 1with around the clock construction.

Instead will probably take years.

LOL typical Metrolinx/Toronto transit.

Waiting on a bunch of elevators for a service change that would significantly improve schedules. If this is the case should be made priority 1with around the clock construction.

Instead will probably take years.

Don't just tell us; tell Phil!

CEO@metrolinx.com

Oh and 3 the evening trains to Unionville in each direction are gone - they'd already announced this ... for construction.
The evening trains have been gone for a while now, they're not in the current schedule either.

lol the Richmond Hill Line on that map doesnt have Gormley.
No and most of the maps which show the Barrie Line are missing Downsview Park too.

Kitchener too! A new local from Bramalea in the morning and the oddball Malton trip extended to Bramalea. The Kitchener/Georgetown trips flanking these aren't being made express though, I assume until the elevators are finished at Bramalea.

Well spotted! It's unfortunate that they still have the 6:45 making all stops from Kitchener despite the new local alternatives, it's a slog.

Here's the new consolidated schedule for Kitchener, highlighting the changes during the AM Peak:

It looks like the new schedule has been designed to blend well with the UP Express schedule, perhaps to reduce crowding on UP Express. Throughout the entire peak hour there's never more than a 10-minute gap at Weston.

The evening trains have been gone for a while now, they're not in the current schedule either.
Ah, that's interesting. They aren't in the current "January 5 2019 schedule" on the website, that has a March 3 date in the PDF. But they were on the January 5 schedule I downloaded in December when it was first released.

Here's the new consolidated schedule for Kitchener, highlighting the changes during the AM Peak:
View attachment 178512

It looks like the new schedule has been designed to blend well with the UP Express schedule, perhaps to reduce crowding on UP Express. Throughout the entire peak hour there's never more than a 10-minute gap at Weston.
It's going to be interesting how they are going to get the trains to Bramalea in the morning. Right the 8:33 deadheads from union getting to malton around 7:15. Where are they getting this extra train from? Will they be using track 4 at bramalea?

They got rid of the Friday regional trips to and from Niagara that used to be a part of the seasonal service.

See for reference this schedule from June 2016:

There's a trip from Toronto to Niagara at 18:20 which does the trip in 2h04. Then the same train heads back to Toronto at 20:40, arriving Union at 22:44.

In the 2019 schedule, the only direct train is the 17:15 which takes 2h32, arriving 19:47. But actually the fastest trip is the 18:46 local train with an express bus connection from Burlington, which somehow does the total trip in 2h03 (even though the 2016 schedule above has that same trip taking 2h16).

Also, in the 2019 schedule they've added 10 minutes to the weekend trains, bringing the trip to 2h14 rather than 2h04. All the time has been added between St. Catharines and Burlington.

And there is no longer any Route 11 GO bus between St Catharines and Niagara On The Lake.

It's going to be interesting how they are going to get the trains to Bramalea in the morning. Right the 8:33 deadheads from union getting to malton around 7:15. Where are they getting this extra train from? Will they be using track 4 at bramalea?

There's currently a six-car train that arrives at Union from Gormley at 7:11, sits out most of the peak period in a yard, and then does the 8:55 trip to Mount Pleasant. I'm guessing they'll have this one do the 8:27 Bramalea trip and then go out of service until the evening, and then the train currently on the Malton trip would do the new 7:55 and turn back as the 8:55.

There are some other changes to these schedules, beyond the ones to the Kitchener and Stouffville Lines.

On the Lakeshore East and West Lines, there are numerous minor schedule changes, with some trains arriving up to 5 minutes earlier or later. As well, there is a new morning express train from Oshawa, leaving at 7.50am and arriving at Union at 8.42.

And finally, this is the first change-of-card since the adoption of 4-digit train IDs 3 or so weeks ago.

Dan

On the Lakeshore East and West Lines, there are numerous minor schedule changes, with some trains arriving up to 5 minutes earlier or later. As well, there is a new morning express train from Oshawa, leaving at 7.50am and arriving at Union at 8.42.
Yes, and one in the opposite direction in the afternoon as well ... we mentioned earlier ... oops, I said express to Pickering on Lakeshore West ... I meant East!

Hmm, I still can't get the Lakeshore West schedule - do you have the link?

shame about the "super express" train on Friday nights - I had hoped they would be adding another, earlier train for the seasonal service. I used it a few times to get to Burlington GO - the 40 minute travel time was great. a 5pm train that gets to Burlington in 40 minutes would have been awesome.

Back