News   Apr 19, 2024
 376     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 571     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 953     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

In the case of Shopify, it's absolutely for daily commuters who happen to work for the company and live in Toronto. A friend of mine takes it 3 to 4 days per week.

It's certainly not open to the general public however, if that's the point that you're trying to get across.
As a vehicle private to employees of the company, I suppose that may permit a certain degree of... Shoptalk.
giphy.gif

In the new April 6th Stouffville line schedule where midday service is extended to Mount Joy, I wonder why there's a 14:57 70E bus trip from Unionville to Mount Joy. Are there really so many people heading to bus stops between the stations to justify a parallel service? And why that time and not others?

In the new April 6th Stouffville line schedule ...
Ah that's interesting. What's the source for that? I don't see on the GO Transit site - or any data there after April 5, or on the Triplinx site.

Based on previous schedule changes, I wouldn't be surprised if that odd bus, is simply a line someone forgot to delete on the schedule. Should be easy to confirm once the data is up.

Good news on the daytime trips! Why not extend the 20:00 as well though? Especially since I believe it's stored at Lincolnville overnight anyway.

I was wondering about that too, if it's stored in Lincolnville then why doesn't it stay in service, and if it's stored downtown then why isn't there a return trip?

Ah that's interesting. What's the source for that? I don't see on the GO Transit site - or any data there after April 5, or on the Triplinx site.

I got it from the website, but like you said it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Maybe someone decided they needed to have a press conference to announce it first.

Oops! :)

Did you see any other changes on other routes?

Of course! You know how I'm a sucker for schedules.

I also saved the new Barrie, Kitchener, Lakeshore East and Niagara schedules. There was no new Lakeshore West schedule.

I glanced through them quickly but didn't see any obvious changes. Probably the usual slight tweaks to reflect conditions.

Edit: double-oops for them! You can still get to the new schedules by opening the current schedule and changing the date in the URL to 6 April 2019 (06042019). Here's the link for the new Stouffville one:

https://www.gotransit.com/static_fi...ipPlanning/FullSchedules/06042019/Table71.pdf

Last edited:

I also saved the new Barrie, Kitchener, Lakeshore East and Niagara schedules. There was no new Lakeshore West schedule.

I glanced through them quickly but didn't see any obvious changes. Probably the usual slight tweaks to reflect conditions.

Edit: double-oops for them! You can still get to the new schedules by opening the current schedule and changing the date in the URL to 6 April 2019 (06042019). Here's the link for the new Stouffville one:

https://www.gotransit.com/static_fi...ipPlanning/FullSchedules/06042019/Table71.pdf
Good catch! I'll swear I tried that yesterday ... perhaps I did MMDD instead of DDMM ....

Oh and 3 the evening trains to Unionville in each direction are gone - they'd already announced this ... for construction.

Which leaves an unfortunate southbound gap between 3:46 pm and 9:01 pm. And still no northbound in AM peak.

That line - and Georgetown, would be a lot more useful if they could get some reverse peak trains.

Last edited:

lol the Richmond Hill Line on that map doesnt have Gormley.

There's some tweaks on other schedules, particularly on university GO runs. Some other (random) highlights are:
  • an extra peak train to and from Pickering on Lakeshore West.
  • They've added 5 minutes to the daily westbound Niagara Falls GO Train ... now takes 152 minutes instead of 147 minutes. St. Catharines is 127 minutes now ... or 126 minutes if you take the Train/bus combo instead.
  • The Victoria Day and summer (June 22 to Labour Day) weekend Niagara Falls trains are back - and they still appear to skip Hamilton West Harbour.
There's no Lakeshore West, Milton, or Richmond Hill schedules up. Not sure if they are saving for some announcement, or there are no changes; I'd guess the latter.

Not sure if they are saving for some announcement, or there are no changes; I'd guess the latter.

Did I miss it, or has there not been a ministerial photo op announcing the Mount Joy changes?

It would be refreshing if GO has been released to just get on with things, instead of having to suppress all discoverable preparations until the Minister had 15 minutes of media attention on the topic, as was the case in they Wynne years.

- Paul

Back