News   Apr 24, 2024
 935     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 613     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I can see this 10 dollar thing backfiring on them.

Toronto to Niagara is 20~ each way usually so I can just imagine how much money they would lose on a fully loaded weekend Niagara train.

^I don't see the logic in this. Without the $10 Sunday trains may be empty so they are losing the whole $30...

Exactly, they are doing this because sunday ridership is abysmal.

People ask for 7 day a week transit because it sounds nice but the truth is except for some areas and on special events and holidays sunday ridership is pretty meh

Isn't the $10 Sunday special only in winter, where ridership is abysmal anyway? This is the first year that they've made the weekend Niagara trains year-round. I'm not sure there's such a thing as a full winter weekend Niagara GO train -- they've introduced the service well before infrastructure is ready (i.e. comfortable winter train stations, transit connections). They will need to incubate all that long-term.

^I don't see the logic in this. Without the $10 Sunday trains may be empty so they are losing the whole $30...
Yep, the trains are running anyway, so the marginal profit of the $10 pass is close to $10.

Also, they were smart about doing this only online, so many people may not bother with the inconvenience and still use their presto card.

I can see this 10 dollar thing backfiring on them.

Toronto to Niagara is 20~ each way usually so I can just imagine how much money they would lose on a fully loaded weekend Niagara train.
If they had fully loaded weekend Niagara trains this time of year, they wouldn't be doing it. It's an often used marketing approach to gain business.

I wonder if anyone knows where to find full track schematics like this but for the whole go system or full lines
GOKitchenerTrack.jpg

Back