News   May 02, 2024
 744     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 214     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 289     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Care to elaborate?

Posted previously, that Kitchener LIne AD2W 30 mins seems possible. Someone else said hourly Stouffville including weekend and nights.

This post was pretty clearly fake for a bunch of reasons, pretty disappointed that Munro hopped on it. He seems to love criticizing Metrolinx even in situations where it is highly questionable.
Last time I heard about Stouffville weekend was June some year....

Check out the comments on the Town Hall at 37:14 onwards

- Paul

Contrary to Mr. Verster's comments, those cattle grids (thanks for reminding me of the name DSC) have been in place for quite some time to try and prevent wildlife from accessing the ROW. Apparently deer strikes are a pretty common thing on the north end of the Stouffville Line.

They may also be usefully for helping deter human tresspassers as well, but that was not necessary the original intent of them.

Care to elaborate?

Posted previously, that Kitchener LIne AD2W 30 mins seems possible. Someone else said hourly Stouffville including weekend and nights.

I'm still trying to flesh out all of the details, but it sounds like there will be evening and weekend service coming to the Stouffville and Kitchener Lines (as far as Unionville and Bramalea, respectively), as well as an extension of the 15 minute mid-day service to the Lakeshore West line.

This is still preliminary however, and subject to approval by CN and the MTO.

Dan

Given the high volume of weekend downtown bound traffic on the DVP, the demand is already there for weekend Stouffville service. I avoid downtown on weekends even when I'd like to go because DVP traffic is just too bad, and the TTC is even slower. Weekend Stouffville service would be great for me.

Last edited:
Turbo 2.0 on the Lakeshore line?
I still have memories of my 47-minute GO train ride between Toronto and West Harbour back in 2015. Yes, it was really that fast. A Pan Am train delayed 30 minute departure, made some amazing time and nearly caught up to its timetable.

Someday, we could get that as regular service.

I still have memories of my 47-minute GO train ride between Toronto and West Harbour back in 2015. Yes, it was really that fast. A Pan Am train delayed 30 minute departure, made some amazing time and nearly caught up to its timetable.

One can dream...

Reminds me when I take the GO train from Oshawa back to Toronto and sometimes the VIA rail train blasts past us at 160km/h

It feels like this scene

There are 2 trains every weekday from Oshawa direct non-stop to Union leaving at 1:52 and 7pm that take 40 minutes for the trip, compared to the regular 1hr and 3 minutes.

Back