News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 850     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I noticed this on GO's website, showing hourly service to Stouffville. I wasn't previously aware of this, I thought hourly service was going to end at Mount Joy? When you click on the Stouffville line page it still shows it only going to Mount Joy.

york-map-en-large.jpg

Maybe the PCs plan is outdoing the Liberals with GO Expansion, but that's never made sense to me because how can we afford more GO and more expansion of Torontos RT without spending more
Efficiency! Folks, stop the gravy train! Oh no, the train...lol

I noticed this on GO's website, showing hourly service to Stouffville. I wasn't previously aware of this, I thought hourly service was going to end at Mount Joy? When you click on the Stouffville line page it still shows it only going to Mount Joy.

york-map-en-large.jpg

This website is worth checking frequently, lots of changes are made and additional details quietly leaked out

Go expansion already is, and we already expect most TTC project to be
Exactly. But the Private content is about to increase...up to and including "privatization". I'm not against that, it might be the only way of financing needed projects. The Libs were already headed there, the Cons will take it further.
Reecemartin said:
Maybe the PCs plan is outdoing the Liberals with GO Expansion, but that's never made sense to me because how can we afford more GO and more expansion of Torontos RT without spending more
They'll be spending less. And be very careful with who's doing it. I don't trust this crowd of amateurs to deliver taxpayer value.

Some jurisdictions can, Ontario isn't one.

Ben Spurr is saying that it is the suspected Lakeshore line service increases - apparently 220 new weekly trips on the Lakeshore lines. This is apparently the largest increase in GO service since 30 minute service was introduced in 2013.

Apparently it will bring Lakeshore East to 15 minute service off peak, Lakeshore West to 20 minute off peak service.

Service begins September 24th.

News Release

Ontario's Government for the People Announces Largest GO Train Service Increase in Five Years
September 20, 2018

Adds 400,000 more train seats every week for people in the GTHA
TORONTO — Ontario's Government for the People is keeping its promise to get people moving faster by adding GO train service to reduce congestion in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.

Today John Yakabuski, Minister of Transportation, announced the largest GO service increase in five years. Starting September 24, travelers on the Lakeshore corridors will have access to 220 new trips per week, an increase of nearly 18 per cent.

"Your government is making life easier for those travelling within the GTHA," said Minister Yakabuski. "We are making GO trains run more frequently and increasing seat capacity — more than 400,000 additional train seats will be available every week. This will bring immediate relief to the thousands of travelers who use GO Transit in the area."

Travelers on the GO Lakeshore corridors will benefit from:

• 27 new train trips on GO Lakeshore East, an increase of 21 per cent, which will double midday, weekday service between Oshawa and Union. This brings the line to 15-minute midday service frequency.
  • 17 new weekday train trips on GO Lakeshore West, with six trips during rush hour and 11 in the midday period between Oakville and Union Station, representing a new train every hour. This is an increase of 50 per cent more midday trains and nearly 14 per cent overall.

"With hundreds of new trips between our busy morning and evening peak travel periods, we're taking the thinking out of travelling — whether travelling east or west, from dawn to dusk," said Phil Verster, President and CEO of Metrolinx. "Our customers along the Lakeshore lines can leave their schedules behind and just GO for much of the day."

Additional service improvements include:

• On the Kitchener line, GO is adding a new morning, rush hour train trip from Malton GO to Union Station. GO will also increase seat capacity on two morning and two evening peak trips that originate and end at Kitchener GO, expanding the length of the train from 10 to 12 cars.
  • GO bus customers now have a new bus stop at Highway 404 and Major Mackenzie in Richmond Hill. Customers will see more than 180 new weekly bus trips across the region.

"Your government is making sure the people of Ontario have a safe and efficient transportation network," said Minister Yakabuski "Our plan to get people moving includes delivering two-way, all-day GO service. We look forward to improving the transit experience for all Ontarians."

I assume they haven't updated the schedules yet?

I went to the gotransit.com website > See Schedules > Pickering to Union Station for September 25th > Opened the schedule "Pickering GO to Union Station" > the HTML version and the PDF under "Download Mini Schedule" are still showing the 30-min off-peak. The PDF says "Effective September 1, 2018".

Attachments

• Pickering-Union-Exhibition.pdf
    743 KB · Views: 429

Back