News   Jun 25, 2024
 598     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 669     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I want to see catenary going up as much as anyone on here, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking A) it's coming soon or B) there's not already a ton of work done that is largely prep work for RER.

The planning and design is actually getting done. The current Public Information sessions present a pretty detailed set of information about each line. Somebody has been giving this a lot of thought.

There is a thread on GO electrification which is probably a better place to discuss the specifics of electrification that than the service thread.

It's a fair question, however, to ask "Just how much money has Metrolinx been given authority to spend? How far out does it have authority to spend anything? And is the funding approved right through to execution, or just for design?"

We know there are shovels in the ground on a few things, but exactly how specific projects got funded is not an easy thing to determine. The lack of transparency does not put ML in a good light. Maybe the A-G could make a second visit.

- Paul

Barrie Line is getting weekend one-way train service, Barrie to Union. 3 trips in the morning, 3 trips in afternoon. Starts December 31.

Link

As of yesterday, the "SuperLo" double deckers are regulars on the 16 Hamilton Express.

I saw one going Hamilton-bound on the QEW on my drive to work this morning. I had to do a double-take to make sure I read the display screen right. There were a couple buses I took when I lived in Hamilton where I was standing all the way to Toronto. This extra capacity is definitely a plus.

Barrie Line is getting weekend one-way train service, Barrie to Union. 3 trips in the morning, 3 trips in afternoon. Starts December 31.

Link

Actually, it's two-way, per your own source--I think you might have misread it:

This includes three trips from Allandale GO Station to Union Station in the morning and three back in the evening for customers travelling between Barrie and Toronto.

Barrie announcement here.
Disappointing. Whatever happened to the 24 weekend trains in 2016-17??

Starting December 31, 2016, trains will run in both directions every 75 minutes between Aurora GO Station and Union Station. Service to and from Barrie will consist of three trips from Allandale GO Station to Union in the morning and three back in the evening.

Not all day from Barrie, but all day from Aurora.

Starting December 31, 2016, trains will run in both directions every 75 minutes between Aurora GO Station and Union Station. Service to and from Barrie will consist of three trips from Allandale GO Station to Union in the morning and three back in the evening.

So is it six daily trains to/from Allandale and 24 to/from Aurora (as per this which would need to be amended)? Or am I misunderstanding this?

More detailed information about these changes will be available on the GO Transit website in the coming week

Guess We'll wait and see schedule when published.

Sorry, where did you see this? The announcement did not mention this.

Stay tuned. Technically, there's a Metrolinx board meeting this Thursday, so we should have new information soon.

Stay tuned. Technically, there's a Metrolinx board meeting this Thursday, so we should have new information soon.
Indeed. Agenda should be posted in the next day or so before the meeting so that'll have some updates.

Internal GO Transit communication.

The announcement technically was ambiguous with the line "This includes". Could imply that it was only part of a larger announcement. PC Leader Patrick Brown's home turf is Barrie, and a separate announcement of service is thus politically warranted.
  • Starting Dec. 31, Metrolinx will introduce new year-round weekend GO train service on the Barrie line. This includes three trips from Allandale GO Station to Union Station in the morning and three back in the evening for customers travelling between Barrie and Toronto.
Maybe we will see another announcement event in a few days in Aurora for the more complete "all day" service announcement.

The announcement technically was ambiguous with the line "This includes". Could imply that it was only part of a larger announcement. PC Leader Patrick Brown's home turf is Barrie, and a separate announcement of service is thus politically warranted.
  • Starting Dec. 31, Metrolinx will introduce new year-round weekend GO train service on the Barrie line. This includes three trips from Allandale GO Station to Union Station in the morning and three back in the evening for customers travelling between Barrie and Toronto.
Maybe we will see another announcement event in a few days in Aurora for the more complete "all day" service announcement.

Good points. Maybe the evening service will go to Aurora and they'll announce that portion at another press conference in Newmarket-Aurora this week?

Back