News   Jul 17, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I'm not limited to just speaking and advocating on behalf of the Milton line.

I also believe I'm the only committee member who uses the GO Bus. I use the Georgetown Go Bus, specifically the Downtown Brampton - Union Service for work and would like to see the same frequency as the Milton Go Bus.

The recently approved bridge over Hurontario Street at Cooksville Station was the very first item I brought up at my meeting with staff. I live off John Street where that new bridge will be built and have asked for a street light to be be installed in the meantime.

Louroz
Oh okay, I just figured they would only be looking for information from that line if you represent it, but that's good that you have the voice for the whole system if you wish.
Sweet, so the bridge is approved. Good.

I've just been appointed to GO Transit's New Customer Service Advisory Committee.

The committee is comprised of 8 members representing each line and I’m excited to be representing the Milton Line!

We just had our first meeting last week with the senior management team and I’ve already stated my top three priorities:

1. Ensuring all-day GO Service on the Milton Line is implemented ASAP.
2. Enhanced and Increased GO Bus Service, especially on the
Georgetown Line.
3. Redevelopment of Union Station.

Our next meeting is scheduled in two weeks time. If anyone has a good idea or has a suggestion for improving service in a specific area I would love to hear from you and bring it forward in a future meeting.

Louroz

Better ask your friend to get MT 202 to stop at John St as it would put more riders on it as well attract new riders. I have said before 202 hit the road that there should be a stop there for it on day one.

20 minute service would be great with DMU's/EMU's that are 4/5 unites long.

Milton has a large new subdivision on both sides of Derry Rd west of CN Halton line that needs bus service that can feed GO.

Cut the fares.

12-14 car trains cause gridlock in parking lots let alone local streets.

What is the cause of mechanical problems that cause trains to be cancel let alone delay. 2 hour wait for trains is unacceptable and want my money back.

When will all stations be 100% accessibly?

GO needs to put in shuttle buses for Aldershot to free up the extra 10 minutes extra travel time that the Burlington #1 has to do these day considering next to no one gets on it in the first place. Many times I am the only one that gets pickup at the station and it not always the same time.

I happen to believe that GO should be working to get out of the bus business....It is my belief that their most effective use of their resources would be to put all of their money and energy into making all of their train lines full service. So their job within a transit network would be to shuttle people quickly in and out of the city.

That's ridiculous. GO is the regional transit agency. Not all of the GTA can be served by trains. Not all of the 905 commutes to and from Toronto. If anything, the current GO bus network is too small, not near being good enough for regional travel.

That's ridiculous. GO is the regional transit agency. Not all of the GTA can be served by trains. Not all of the 905 commutes to and from Toronto. If anything, the current GO bus network is too small, not near being good enough for regional travel.

Then, maybe, the buses should take them to the nearest train and not all the way to Union.

Then, maybe, the buses should take them to the nearest train and not all the way to Union.

Are you kidding? Right now, the bus can sometimes offer a faster trip than the train in off-peak times. You'd be adding a transfer and padding to make sure the bus arrives at the station before the train leaves, which can alone adds 15-20 minutes to a trip than if the bus continue right downtown.

If GO can't yet operate 2-way service on Georgetown or Milton, should the buses all go just to Port Credit or Long Branch? Most people who take GO Transit (not necessarily most people in the whole sense) want to get downtown from the suburbs, especially on weekends. GO has finally started to figure this out on the Georgetown corridor, though inbound weekday afternoons/evenings still stink.

Are you kidding? Right now, the bus can sometimes offer a faster trip than the train in off-peak times. You'd be adding a transfer and padding to make sure the bus arrives at the station before the train leaves, which can alone adds 15-20 minutes to a trip than if the bus continue right downtown.

If GO can't yet operate 2-way service on Georgetown or Milton, should the buses all go just to Port Credit or Long Branch? Most people who take GO Transit (not necessarily most people in the whole sense) want to get downtown from the suburbs, especially on weekends. GO has finally started to figure this out on the Georgetown corridor, though inbound weekday afternoons/evenings still stink.

If you read my initial post, my idea of eliminating GO buses coming into the city is predicated on all lines (including, and probably firstly the Georgetown line) having "full" service.

If you read my initial post, my idea of eliminating GO buses coming into the city is predicated on all lines (including, and probably firstly the Georgetown line) having "full" service.

If all lines had full service, they alone are not enough to serve the needs of regional travel in the GTA. Full service on the Milton Line is not going help anyone in Mississauga get to Richmond Hill or North York.

"Ensuring all-day GO Service on the Milton Line is implemented ASAP."

According to Mississauga MPP Bob Delaneys' website the construction will start in 2011. Once the EA passes all the redtape.

By that time the Japanese will have a flying train and we will still be running a 120 km/h train in 2015.

What a joke...:mad:

I've just been appointed to GO Transit's New Customer Service Advisory Committee.

The committee is comprised of 8 members representing each line and I’m excited to be representing the Milton Line!

We just had our first meeting last week with the senior management team and I’ve already stated my top three priorities:

1. Ensuring all-day GO Service on the Milton Line is implemented ASAP.
2. Enhanced and Increased GO Bus Service, especially on the
Georgetown Line.
3. Redevelopment of Union Station.

Our next meeting is scheduled in two weeks time. If anyone has a good idea or has a suggestion for improving service in a specific area I would love to hear from you and bring it forward in a future meeting.

Congrats! That's an excellent top three priorities list. If you haven't already taken some time to understand what a suburban rail/S-Bahn/RER system is and how it differs from anything that GO Transit currently offers, you should. It's pretty obvious that such a system is exactly what GO should ultimately be aiming for and any works should be done with that in mind.

If all lines had full service, they alone are not enough to serve the needs of regional travel in the GTA. Full service on the Milton Line is not going help anyone in Mississauga get to Richmond Hill or North York.

Is there a bus from Richmond Hill to Mississauga now? Iwasn't aware of that.....I think a full service regional train system should link with the subway, which goes to North York and, I here, soon to Richmond Hill.

Is there a bus from Richmond Hill to Mississauga now? Iwasn't aware of that.....I think a full service regional train system should link with the subway, which goes to North York and, I here, soon to Richmond Hill.

There's hourly bus service between RHC and SQ1. In addition, there is rush hour service between SQ1 and Finch Terminal.

I've just been appointed to GO Transit's New Customer Service Advisory Committee. (...)

The Richmond Hill line. We have just seen the proposed TTC Yonge extension stops tabled, and it is well known that the TTC Yonge line is already badly overcrowded. At least some, and maybe more, of that congestion could be shifted over to the Richmond Hill line.

The RH line's ridership could skyrocket, I would think, with all-day two-way service, well-understood integration at the future Yonge RHC and the Sheppard Oriole stations -- both located in high-growth areas -- and Presto fare integration.

It's a long term project. But surely it needs to be addressed so that it is complete by the time the Yonge subway extension is.

^ I'm with you. Travel times from Langstaff GO could be in the range of 25 - 30 minutes, and service every 15 minutes would do wonders. It would be possible, but likely only with DMUs or EMUs and massive upgrades.

^ I'm with you. Travel times from Langstaff GO could be in the range of 25 - 30 minutes, and service every 15 minutes would do wonders. It would be possible, but likely only with DMUs or EMUs and massive upgrades.

Yep. The question is whether the upgrades can be justified and how to get the ball rolling. The year 2016 comes to mind...

Go trains are busier this year.

The parking situation at some stations is a disaster.

There are cars parked on both sides in the alleyways.

Go transit does not care, as it is happy that more people are taking it.

However today, I got boxed in so the GO people had to call a tow truck.

They just moved to the bus parking lot and were contacting the owner.

Back