News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 884     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Just a couple of updates;
Re-alignment of the mainlines between Oakville and Clarkson begins this weekend. They'll only be 1 track in service during this time. Finally we're getting close to having all 3 tracks up and running.

Also, we've gotten the go-ahead to operate MP-40 (engines) trains at their maximum speed of 93mph as of this week. There will be early arrivals (by a couple of minutes) at some stops, but we can't leave early so the time savings won't be cumulative over the entire trip length. As official schedule changes cannot be made system wide until all the old engines are removed from service, which may be a while yet...

Hey vegeta, any word on when mid-day train service on the Stouffville line will begin?

Should we assume this won't occur until the Centennial and Mount Joy parking expansions are complete?

This might be part of the reason service isn't being increased: ridership for the year ending March 2010 was only up 1.2%. The first quarter of this year is up 4.8% from the same quarter last year though, so it seems to be picking up again with the economy.

http://www.metrolinx.com/Docs/Agendas/May19_10/Board_Quarterly_Performance_Review_Jan_to_Mar_2010.pdf

No breakdown by line? And when they say "rail" are they including "train-bus" service like they usually do? That report focussed on boring stuff, customer service, on-time performance, yawn.

No breakdown by line? And when they say "rail" are they including "train-bus" service like they usually do? That report focussed on boring stuff, customer service, on-time performance, yawn.
Yes, "rail" will always include "train-bus" until they are able to run full-day service, as they represent people that obviously would ride the train if a train were available for their trip. If they have/had lines for exclusive passenger use, then I would say it inflates the figures.

^^With the exception of stations within Toronto. They get GO train service, but no 'train-bus' service :mad:

416 doesn't need any train-bus service. Furthermore, some 905 stations don't even need train-bus service but get it. Dixie comes to mind. Drives me mad every time my Milton bus stops there, in either direction.

416 doesn't need any train-bus service. Furthermore, some 905 stations don't even need train-bus service but get it. Dixie comes to mind. Drives me mad every time my Milton bus stops there, in either direction.

The only station that needs frequent bus service in Sauga is SQ1 [and perhaps Meadowvale TC], similar to Hamilton Express. Other stations along the Milton Line deserves regular train service.

The only station that needs frequent bus service in Sauga is SQ1 [and perhaps Meadowvale TC], similar to Hamilton Express. Other stations along the Milton Line deserves regular train service.

Let's picket CPR.

I'm still in "any news is good news" mode.

Railway Bridge Replacements - Stouffville Corridor

Improvements:

* The replacement of three existing timber trestle railway bridges with modern bridge structures
* Enhancements to operational efficiencies
* Improvements to service reliability

Project description: As we expand our system and invest in the future, a number of new projects are underway to enhance passenger experience and improve service. One such project is the replacement of three timber trestle railway bridges along the Stouffville Corridor, between Unionville and Markham GO Stations. New bridges will allow us to operate more efficiently and provide more reliable service to the thousands of commuters who depend upon us to get them where they need to go.

Location: The Stouffville Corridor, between Unionville and Markham GO Stations The first bridge crosses the Rouge River (mileage 50.3), the second bridge crosses Bruce Creek (mileage 49.6), and the third crosses Robinson Creek (mileage 47.3).

Project Stage: A Federal Screening Environmental Assessment (EA) study has begun under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act. This project is being federally funded by Transport Canada with involvement from Fisheries and Oceans Canada.

Back