News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 999     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I saw that on an episode of Mighty Trains covering one of Japanese lines. It looked a little weird when the engineer/driver did it alone in the cab, but if it works . . .

it's kinda-sorta like a cop directing traffic (well, the remaining few that are actually good at it).
The drivers of the ION system have being doing this from day one on all the cars I been on. It was weir and had to asked why and was told why to keep them from being bore and on their toes.

Lakeshore West - Unplanned track inspection west of Mimico GO​
Lakeshore West passengers: We have received a report of high water near the tracks in the area west of Mimico GO. Personnel are currently on scene however trains will not be able to move through the area until given permission.

Trains will be running between Aldershot and Port Credit with bus connections between Port Credit and Union Station. Please board buses on platforms 2 & 3 a the Union Station Bus Terminal.​

Is there a video of what this looks like, having a hard time visualizing.
I Have one up on youtube under KW ION opening day an there a number of videos for that day.

Try this video for driver pointing at various locations on ION opening day
<
>

Try this video for driver pointing at various locations on ION opening day
<
>
So, that is what the operator is doing at 20:28 in the video? I don't hear him saying anything, so I assume he is just subvocalizing and pointing.

So, that is what the operator is doing at 20:28 in the video? I don't hear him saying anything, so I assume he is just subvocalizing and pointing.
He was doing it before 20:28 subvocalizing and pointing. Other do it different ways while a few don't.

Sorry, I was just scrubbing through and found that example.
It something new to NA and didn't see much of it in Europe. Only able to look over a train driver shoulder a few times and none of them did the pointing from what I remember. Don't recall seeing much on the trams and none on buses I rode.

It something new to NA and didn't see much of it in Europe. Only able to look over a train driver shoulder a few times and none of them did the pointing from what I remember. Don't recall seeing much on the trams and none on buses I rode.
Honestly, it is a neat idea to see formalized. Many people do a version of this when they are trying to focus on a repetitive task by talking to themselves as they do it.

They've been doing this on the Toronto Subway for several years now. Despite its implementation, I don't think that the rate of DOOPs - Doors Open Off of Platform - has decreased substantially.

Dan

Back