News   Apr 25, 2024
 164     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

They’ve been on the Lakeshore lines for a while. Like the other poster said: at least a year now. It’s even common to see them on weekends.

Speaking of… my ride home tonight:

26B47D73-3104-43EE-BBB3-C950E58AF79F.jpeg

I need proof Mr. SaugeenJunction... I don't believe you because 206 was literally just refurbished. I don't think GO would throw them away that quick, I just need to know what about the others too, like 200-214 aren't they still being refurbished.
More money in using 206’s steel for razor blades - will help GO fund the new loco order.

Oh yeah I heard about that, because of how much money the government spent to electrify and fence the railways, GO is a little stripped for cash right now.
GO will be selling a couple old cab cars (206, the rebuilt one, and the decommissioned ones too like 237 and 241).
GO will also be reducing train lengths on the Richmond Hill and Milton Lines to 4 cars to save money on fuel, other lines will be reduced down to 6 cars, so no more 12 car trains.
GO is also switching to a more lighter sounding euro-style horn that is easier to use and cheaper to maintain.
The federal government is also experimenting with a bill to ban passenger rail photography in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area for people without a commercial license, one of the reasons for this is also to make GO more money without having the government spend their money.

This was all announced through a company-wide email and through the board meeting a few weeks ago, these changes are enacted for the foreseeable future and will probably never be reversed due to how much money this will save the government.

Last edited:
I also heard the penalty for photographing or filming passenger rail is life in prison with no chance of bail.
Okay I doubt it’s that, I read that it’s a $50-500 fine depending on how many times you’ve been caught doing it, and it goes into court beyond the $500 fine.

I also heard the penalty for photographing or filming passenger rail is life in prison with no chance of bail.
believe it or not... jail

One comment: I set a certain poster's content to "Ignore" as I found that the posts detracted from the fine info available in this (and other threads). I urge others to consider doing the same. Getting notifications for several posts seemingly trolling said user (or in reply to the user) don't really help. They're also annoying after a while.

My two cents.

No offense, but is this trolling not starting to border on the excessive?

I come in here because I want to read updates about GO's fleet, not pages of shitposting.
Which happens. People provide updates, photos, etc. as they are encountered and on their own time. If somebody wants regular, up-to-date information on what is coming out of the refurbishment shops, they can either accept the information volunteered by others or grab and camera and drive to North Bay. The 'diversion' started when others started pestering for information. Claiming to be an employee and apparently direct advisor to Mx operations, particularly on the ever-important topic of horns, also didn't help.

To pull us back on topic. With Ontario Northland’s recent purchase of 3 Siemens Charger trainsets, does this make it more likely that GO will pick Siemens for their diesel locomotive tender? Would make sense for parts etc, but I am not sure how Siemens could deliver the first units by the 2024 deadline, as their plant is super busy.

Back