News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Holy shit! [some] Progress!
IMG_6695.jpeg
IMG_6696.jpeg
IMG_6723.jpeg
IMG_6724.jpeg
IMG_6725.jpeg

Holy shit! [some] Progress!
Ah - the east side of Bloor GO! I: hadn't realised they had more tunnel to build there (I always exit to the south or west).

Any sign of activity on the west side to connect to Dundas West station? I'm not sure if it's the same contract or not.

Thinking out loud, maybe those in the know will jump in: Curious that they leave a flange gap on the outside of the rail as well. I guess that's so that if the wood rides a little higher than the railhead then it won't get bonked by an overhanging wheel?
That - plus it gives some room for the timber to move when a heavy work vehicle mounts it to cross the platform - so that it doesn't push sideways on the rail.

Note also the bevelled ends on the timbers - you don't want anything snagging the end of the timber as it rolls over it at speed.

- Paul

From today's Toronto West Metorlinx e-newsletter.

PROGRESS UPDATE

tXxKjKwtlY56Do9AU_KFi_3skQKf1RvlGsXidzlGwqvZTr294QDZOoUU_PmbfnyMtSrPv2GMxwJxEAvb6lVjuugFNjuZL2WMaPxpArHkBJm_wHuCAkd5Edle-CZexZfn02PRSzqJpm_Fah4lPo45zmSqPEviQw=s0-d-e1-ft
Over a weekend in June during a continuous track closure, crews worked on the Davenport bridge rehabilitation, which includes waterproofing, drainage and steel repairs on the bridge structure.

Here's the current state of the Breslau siding from ground level, at Woolwich St and Fountain St:

PXL_20230805_213327090.jpg

PXL_20230805_212412067.jpg
PXL_20230805_214731964.jpg
PXL_20230805_214818761.jpg

Not incredibly exciting just yet but you can see some things happening.

Also looks like this crossing at Woolwich St might have been recently redone. Not sure if that was part of the Breslau siding project

PXL_20230805_212344047.jpg

Also looks like this crossing at Woolwich St might have been recently redone. Not sure if that was part of the Breslau siding project

View attachment 497965
Thanks for the updates!

Given that the Woolwich Street crossing was rebuilt with only one track I assume the siding will begin immediately east of that crossing.

Aug 8
Had to drop off a lens for repairs and this allow me to have a look at Milliken and Agincourt station. As of this visit, both stations are now cross off my shooting list.

Until track 1/2 is in place, the stations are basely done with minor work still staking place,

Milliken
No screens on platform 2 and the ones that are working on platform 1 have no schedule time for trains. A number of screens not working.

Track 2 needs the rails splice in the station area as well ballast and level that can happen until the tracks are install at either end when every that will be.

Crews working on electrical and mechanical items on the northside of Steeles.

Took a walk across the bridges and a nice view

Agincourt
Until track 1 is built at either end of the station, can't use that platform.

Only one screen working showing only northbound trains starting at 1529 for 5 trains only.

Small minor things still been worked on out of sight that it is basely done.

Back