News   Apr 25, 2024
 294     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Are they moving the parking as well and what's the plan for the TTC parking? Also a good opportunity to sell the air rights and redevelop that entire block.

And it will be to the parking lot south of the Leslie TTC bus terminal, as per that address.

View attachment 170116
Welp, there goes half of Leslie's ridership. I'm also surprised people even park there when the GO parking lot is less than 400 meters away and is free.

But in all seriousness, this should have happened when they modified Oriole station last year. The fact that they're only doing this now (as well as the GO platform height increases at Union) is something I will never understand about Metrolinx planning.

Welp, there goes half of Leslie's ridership. I'm also surprised people even park there when the GO parking lot is less than 400 meters away and is free.

But in all seriousness, this should have happened when they modified Oriole station last year. The fact that they're only doing this now (as well as the GO platform height increases at Union) is something I will never understand about Metrolinx planning.
or lack/absence of planning

Are they moving the parking as well ...
Do they need to move the parking? A 12-car GO train is 310 metres long (not including the engine). People who use the parking can use the south end of the train, and those using the subway can use the north end.

It's not a particularly big lot either, only reaching about 120 metres perpendicular to the tracks. There's longer walks already at existing GO stations - it's 275 metres from the worst spot at the Langstaff GO south parking lot to the platform. I'm sure there are longer examples too just from the parking spot to the platform!

(at Langstaff GO, it's also bizarrely 205 metres from the platform to the closest GO Bus ... making the walk from the worst spot in the south parking lot to a GO Bus about a half-mile! The existing walk from the Oriole GO platform to Leslie station is only 450 metres and they could knock this to 350 metres by just running a pathway along the tracks with a pedestrian bridge where this extended GO platform must cross Esther Shiner Blvd).

Procurement process on all new GO stations has stopped:
https://yorkpublishing.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=1632

Metrolinx believes there is strong market demand for this approach. We also recognize that there are many models and implementation options. We are acting quickly to develop a stations delivery policy and look forward to reviewing this with you in the near future. In the meantime, as we work through the details, the in-market RFQ for Outside Toronto Stations (Innisfill, Kirby, Mulock, and Breslau) and for Toronto Stations (Finch, Lawrence, Gerrard, Liberty Village, St. Clair, and Bloor) will be removed from the procurement process. That cancellation notice will be sent shortly.

Notice of Proposed Procurement out for Weston Station improvements. Any insight on what these could be? Extra platform? VIA had previously wanted to stop here so people could transfer to the UP Express, but I doubt this is that.

PT-2018-CINF-595:Weston Station Improvements
They need the extra platform once the new track 1 is installed. This will allow northbound trains to use track 1 and southbound track 2. UPX would continue to use track 3 & 4.

Based on all meetings for the station and the corridors over the last decade, the platform is to be a centre one to allow an 1A on the east side that would connect to CP track for the line to Bolton. Don't know if that still the case or not. If not, it would be a side one.

Track 1 is installed north/west of the station to south/east of hwy 401.

It would allow VIA to stop there if they want to.

Back