News   May 09, 2024
 473     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 802     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 540     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Any idea what is going on at lincolnville? They seem to be constructing some sort of warehouse. Seems pretty minor, but it would be nice to know exactly what it is.

Thanks for the Guelph update. Looks like good progress on the Farquhar Street side is occurring. I'm curious whether or not we will see a platform on the south side paved and curbed. Doesn't look like they are planning to use that track much as they have used continuous welded rail on the north track and short jointed track on the south.

Thanks for the Guelph update. Looks like good progress on the Farquhar Street side is occurring. I'm curious whether or not we will see a platform on the south side paved and curbed. Doesn't look like they are planning to use that track much as they have used continuous welded rail on the north track and short jointed track on the south.

The south side is planned for a 2nd platform in 2015 by GO Transit/Metrolinx. They even have the stairs ready off of Wyndham St. like the north side.

Other side of the tracks....Guelph by Royal_Rivers, on Flickr

Last edited:
The south side is planned for a 2nd platform in 2015 by GO Transit/Metrolinx. They even have the stairs ready off of Wyndham St. like the north side.

Do you have any info that this is still the plan? I know I saw the date of 2015 in the track plans when they added service to Kitchener, but since they only did the minimum to add service on the line I wonder if that'll be pushed off a few more years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not til 2015 before we get the originally planned service, especially now that construction of CTC and sidings on the Guelph Subdivision is set to start. We should take that 300-500 million the new Highway 7 will cost and get proper GO service between Kitchener, Guelph and Toronto instead. It's really frustrating that "there's no money for better GO service" yet they'll spend that much on a highway.

Had a looked at the Erindale Station project today. The top floor for the south end will be completed in Jan with the crane gone by Feb.

Have no idea what is with these mesh frames on the side as it doesn't help to take away that cheap bare concrete look. The precast brick panels don't look that bad, but it still precast than real brick.

I hope the false windows are going in on the west side as you can see the slopping ramp in them now.

The retaining wall being form at the south end. A lot of wasted space in this area even if it a green patch.

Stop lights are going to go in on Burnhamthorpe for the new entrance/exit, as the new eastbound turning lane is in place and you can see where the crosswalk is going to be. The eastbound bus stop has been removed with the bus bay area fill in. You have to walk up to Central Parkway to get the bus now and the future. The new westbound bus bay is in place, but not the sidewalk to get to it.

The bridge is waiting enclosure as well the elevator to the platform. Didn't see any new work for the new station area itself.

Lets hope they will provide a pedestrian walkway from the parking garage and the plaza as it will shorten the walking distance too it, as well a shot cut.

Do you have any info that this is still the plan? I know I saw the date of 2015 in the track plans when they added service to Kitchener, but since they only did the minimum to add service on the line I wonder if that'll be pushed off a few more years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not til 2015 before we get the originally planned service, especially now that construction of CTC and sidings on the Guelph Subdivision is set to start. We should take that 300-500 million the new Highway 7 will cost and get proper GO service between Kitchener, Guelph and Toronto instead. It's really frustrating that "there's no money for better GO service" yet they'll spend that much on a highway.

That is still the year they have listed and have reported to my MPP. The train bridge over top of Wyndham St have stairs on both sides, north and south, with the south side closed off. The park and ride is also on the south side. From the information I can gather, they are planning on putting the 2nd platform in 2015, after the CTC / Track upgrades are complete.

Last edited:
Had a looked at the Erindale Station project today. The top floor for the south end will be completed in Jan with the crane gone by Feb.

Have no idea what is with these mesh frames on the side as it doesn't help to take away that cheap bare concrete look. The precast brick panels don't look that bad, but it still precast than real brick.

I hope the false windows are going in on the west side as you can see the slopping ramp in them now.

The retaining wall being form at the south end. A lot of wasted space in this area even if it a green patch.

Stop lights are going to go in on Burnhamthorpe for the new entrance/exit, as the new eastbound turning lane is in place and you can see where the crosswalk is going to be. The eastbound bus stop has been removed with the bus bay area fill in. You have to walk up to Central Parkway to get the bus now and the future. The new westbound bus bay is in place, but not the sidewalk to get to it.

The bridge is waiting enclosure as well the elevator to the platform. Didn't see any new work for the new station area itself.

Lets hope they will provide a pedestrian walkway from the parking garage and the plaza as it will shorten the walking distance too it, as well a shot cut.

From the pics I remember seeing I didn't see any changes to the station building itself.

Are they actually building a new station building?

From the pics I remember seeing I didn't see any changes to the station building itself.

Are they actually building a new station building?

It is already built at the north-west side where the bridge is. Its a single storey glass building.

Once that one is open for service, the existing one will be history.

I have never seen any rendering or plans what the other 3 sides will look like to say if changes have taken place. Only the front rendering is around, but have to wait until the precast is install to say there was a change.

The Pickering bridge still has no glass wrap..

763C6633-6DBF-4FA0-829F-66C73CEE5870-7913-00000C1398546630.jpg

0B1B6A63-8656-4C9B-AD34-DF3529C62188-7913-00000C13914915CD.jpg

The Pickering bridge still has no glass wrap..
763C6633-6DBF-4FA0-829F-66C73CEE5870-7913-00000C1398546630.jpg
If you look art the leftmost span of the bridge in the photo above, you can see some vertical "hoops" being applied to the bridge. These have shown up in the past month or so and appear to be the first stage of the outer wrapping.

It is already built at the north-west side where the bridge is. Its a single storey glass building.

Once that one is open for service, the existing one will be history.

I have never seen any rendering or plans what the other 3 sides will look like to say if changes have taken place. Only the front rendering is around, but have to wait until the precast is install to say there was a change.

Clearly I have to take a closer look around the next time I'm at Erindale because I totally didn't notice a new station building.

I asked the same question about the wrap on another thread. Thanks for pointing out the hoops--I was afraid they'd abandoned the "glowworm" idea.

I was afraid of that too. It appeared as if for a while The Cheapening™ had extended eastward to Pickering. It has been open for some time now, and it looked like construction was finished. I look forward to seeing the end result now!

Back