News   Jun 17, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking great numbers of people are taking the LRT to the GO station.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking great numbers of people are taking the LRT to the GO station.
Anyone north of Sq One will stay in the car or get back into it once the LRT is built, as they will not deal with the changing of LRT cars or every 2nd or 3rd car that may go straight.

Why are people surprise there will be parking structures at GO stations?? You are dealing with an organization that only think car drivers will support GO Service in the first and therefore you must have free parking for them. Port Credit getting a parking structure as well.

At the same time, Metrolinx has come up with a requirement that all buildings backing up to the edge of their property must have a 2 foot thick crash wall and residential units must be 100 feet back from the edge of their property.

Metrolinx can't think outside the box by building underground parking with development above it to recover the cost of building the parking and getting a better return on the dollar.

As for Erindale Station, its a station with poorly bus service passing it by miWay. The whole area is low density in the first place to support transit in the first place.

Even if RER ran on the Milton Line and the LRT in service, still better off using miWay #3 and TTC to get where I want to go faster.

Today, I save 10 minutes plus using 103 to bypass Sq One and will loose it plus more once the LRT is built. Back to the old crappy 19 service.

My comments had a dose of sarcasm. I have never been deluded into thinking great numbers of people will use the LRT for, well, anything really.

It all breaks down to Mississauga's urban form. The people riding the LRT will be the condo dwellers near it. Those in the low-density houses will continue to drive, even though a chunk of them would use the LRT if it was convenient.

What enragens me is that they're still building these structures without charging for parking. How much of the demand is driven by the fact that it's free?

Back