News   Jul 25, 2024
 367     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 533     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 457     0 

GO Train Fares To Increase

So we should all shop at little, overpriced, snotty, snoby and arrogant boutiques with rude service at the Beaches and Yorkville!?!?! I'll stick to my Costco (best service) and Wal-Mart (cheap) . The reason those stores are built is that there is a demand for them.
Your kidding right. Have you been in a Costco? The arrogent employees there won't even sell you a bag of milk unless you pay them some kind of kickback. And Wal-Mart? I've tried shopping in Wal-Mart a couple of time; the stores are devoid of merchandise that anyone would want to purchase. On one occasion I was looking for towels; not only could I not find a single towel not manufactured in China (which I could live with, but try and avoid given the quality control issues there), but I couldn't actually find any that were 100% cotton. On another I was looking for a particular baby chair advertised on their website. Not only could their staff not assist me, they couldn't even begin to explain why it was on their website, had a picture on one of the shelves, but wasn't available, not even to order. That staff were poorly trained, and clue-less; on the same occasion I checked out their food section, figuring I might as well take advantage and get something I needed; yet I couldn't find ANY product that I needed and tend to use (and I shop in Loblaws normally, so it's not that I'm buying weird stuff).

Tuesday, March 17 was not a good day for GO service and we would
like to apologize and explain how some major events impacted our train
service throughout that day.

Train service was good until about 7:15 am, when the track switches
near Pickering station failed to function. GO Trains could not move
through those switches to and from Pickering until CN signal crews could
be sent to the scene to investigate and repair an electrical relay
switch. This took about an hour to complete, and our trains were
delayed from 30 to 60 minutes. GO Transit is working with CN to
investigate improvements at this critical location near Pickering station.

Around midday on the Georgetown line, a vehicle failed to stop at the
Old Weston Road railway crossing and was hit by a GO Train. Luckily, no
one was injured but police and railway officials had to investigate,
vehicles had to be cleared from the site, and another crew had to be
dispatched to move the train. We had to cancel several train trips but
managed to send GO Buses to some stations to connect passengers
with Union Station.

In the evening rush hour, a little before 5 pm, an area-wide power
failure occurred to the east of Union Station, causing the train signals
to turn red for safety purposes. A backup power generator was
supposed to activate to keep the signals functioning. Unfortunately an
electrical switch failed to activate on the backup generator, and by the
time the generator was manually started, quite a few trains serving
Union Station on several lines were delayed. GO is investigating why the
backup generator did not activate and will make sure that this critical
piece of equipment is maintained properly.

For the many GO customers impacted by these unfortunate incidents,
we regret the inconvenience.

http://www.gotransit.ca/publicroot/en/status/showspecial.aspx

lol, what rotten luck all in one day...

I've had a refund from GO before, after I complained about their train being very late (and never actually arriving at our destination). Their first response is they don't have a policy of providing refunds, but I can't remember exactly what I threatened to do, because after I replied back, they put a cheque in the mail.

They do refunds easily put the problem was a lot of people started to scam them.

Coming every 3rd day saying I never caught the train because it was delayed...

Heard it from a friend of a friend who works at Go

However if it was delayed over 20 mins I find it very easy to get a refund.

I got dumped at a station from a "train-meet" bus where the bus didn't meet the train as it was running late, and the next one wasn't scheduled for two hours. It was really cold out, but the driver dumped us there anyway. I called, asked for a refund, and got it the next day a the Union Station office as i 'didn't arrive at my destination'.

How does a debate on Go Train parking go to big box stores?!?!?!
Inefficient use of space: the Canadian norm.

That's how.

It was a bit tongue-in-cheek though, if you didn't notice.

PS:I'm finding it increasingly hard to find a Shoppers Drug Mart in the GTHA. :p

And to come full circle, there's the new Wal-mart supercentre at the GO Burlington station, a mistake if there ever was one.

Ugh, I just puked a little. What is wrong with Burlington Station? Their car park is poorly designed, they have a Walmart "Supercentre" and their lift's not been working for some time.

realtytycoon: Walmart as cheap? You got that right!

it will not be rolled back and really it appears few have noticed or do not care.

However GO should not get carried away...They need to keep expanding service or else they will start to see no growth at all soon.

However GO should not get carried away...They need to keep expanding service or else they will start to see no growth at all soon.

I think that's the main reason why people don't seem to care. They can see that service is improving because they can see the construction at stations on every line.

yes that is reason number 1 and people have been noticing all the new changes.

Now if they add more trains that would make a huge difference.

Now if they add more trains that would make a huge difference.
I suspect the half-hour offpeak service on Lakeshore will attract a lot of attention when it comes. My wife is looking forward having greater flexibility should she need to leave work early for whatever reason.

I can't wait until GO morphs into an electrified, all-day train service entity. I have to go to Barrie next week and was highly disappointed to discover that there are no northbound trains to Barrie from Union until the evening! Very frustrating as I wanted to use this as an excuse to ride the train. Buses suck.

Back