News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 745     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 726     1 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

There's never been any evidence that the RCMP officers under cover in the crowd were doing anything more than observing and reporting. There is no evidence that they deliberately incited or provoked the crowd. Nor does it make any sense that they would ... surely that would defeat their whole operation.

As much as I don't like what is currently going on in Toronto, and despise the wasted $100-millions of money of having two separate summit sites rather than just one, I don't see the need to make false claims. Surely then, that makes you, AGTO, the 'agent provocateur' ?

Perhaps it's the fact that the RCMP is an embarrasment of a security agency (refer to Air India inquiry report, and the numerous other scandals over the past 2 years) that makes people unsurprised to hear that they may have used agent provocateurs. Really, when can we disband the mounties and replace them with something more up-to-date?

Barn burners!

Just got this CBC news alert.
G20 venue sees arrest in downtown Toronto
One person has been arrested by police near the G20 venue in downtown Toronto, after police said an individual was found in possession of sticks, gasoline and an axe handle.

You know, if they'd left the trees in, people wouldn't have to bring their own axe handles.

There's never been any evidence that the RCMP officers under cover in the crowd were doing anything more than observing and reporting. There is no evidence that they deliberately incited or provoked the crowd. Nor does it make any sense that they would ... surely that would defeat their whole operation.

It was the QPP, not the RCMP...my mistake.

nfitz, I realise you feel the need to apologise for everything, but when you have no knowledge of an event, it would be best to keep your apologies to yourself.
The QPP admitted to this, and the countless videos on YouTube show exactly what happened. It was the crowd of peacefull protesters that 'fingered' these agents, causing them to run away like scared little girls.

I don't see the need to make false claims. Surely then, that makes you, AGTO, the 'agent provocateur' ?

Funny, it's you who are making false claims....I guess that makes you the 'agent provocateur'.

Just got this CBC news alert.

You know, if they'd left the trees in, people wouldn't have to bring their own axe handles.

I just saw this on CNN, there's some nice shots of London on the Esplanade in HD....

It was the QPP, not the RCMP...my mistake.
Having lived in Quebec, it wouldn't surprise me of the SQ. There's a reason Premier Bourassa brought in the Canadian Army duing the Oka Crisis.

... though also having lived in Quebec, I've never seen it abbreviated or called the QPP. Everyone calls them the SQ.

nfitz, I realise you feel the need to apologise for everything, but when you have no knowledge of an event, it would be best to keep your apologies to yourself.
What have I apologised for? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Funny, it's you who are making false claims....I guess that makes you the 'agent provocateur'.
Hang on ... you wrongly accuse the RCMP of serious crimes, and I'm the one making false claims?

No, nfitz is more of the kind of person that will call out the simplest mistake or even difference in interpretation as some grand heinous act when they're feeling pressured, but is ready to resort to the same behaviour to make their balls feel big.

QPP is the unofficial English translation of SQ. I'm surprised you've never heard of it.

That's fantastic actually. It's a peaceful protest, why shouldn't the police be non-threatening as well? Having seen docs on the Battle in Seattle, I think part of the reason protests go sour is the over-threatening appearance of cops and the provocation that goes with it. There's no need for massive shields and riot gear. I think protesters would be far less likely to go overboard if the police didn't go overboard as well.

For a bit of an analogy, a lot of people think hockey is actually more dangerous with helmets and better equipment than it was before helmets became mandatory. That might seem strange, but the extra security of a helmet and better equipment actually caused players to be more reckless and have less respect for the safety of their opponent. if there's mutual respect, then there's a better chance at avoiding a negative outcome.

Chicken vs egg... What came first? Violent protests or heavily armed police forces? I was reading some on the black block protests and how the initial protest (in Seattle I think?) was the most successful in phisically causing a disturbance during the meetings. Since then the police forces have upped their numbers and security in anticipation of these type of protests. The protesters then use this as an excuse for more violence which the police respond with more security, and on, and on.

No, nfitz is more of the kind of person that will call out the simplest mistake
When the mistake is fundamental to the statement. For example:

- The RCMP has incited rioting. ... no ... turns out it was the local police ...

- I'm supporting Rob Ford because he believes in better transit ... no ... turns out Rob Ford wants to eliminate the TTC, and let private companies run buses if they can make money.

QPP is the unofficial English translation of SQ. I'm surprised you've never heard of it.
Not in about 20 to 30 years ... and certainly not in Quebec. Perhaps this is an Ontarioism?

...a textbook example of intellectual dishonesty.
Then why do you do it?

Stop making up false stories about the RCMP to fuel whatever strange fetish you have.

Not that I see the point ... isn't there enough real stories about the RCMP, between the Suharto incidenent, the taserings, the Keystone cop routines? Heck, not to mention the way they went to town in Vancouver in 1970 during the October Crisis.

Last edited:
Not in about 20 to 30 years ... and certainly not in Quebec. Perhaps this is an Ontarioism?
What do you mean not in 20 to 30 years? If you want to talk to someone about SQ in English without having to torture your vocal chords switching to a different language for 6 syllables, you'd called them the Quebec Provincial Police. That's how you say it in English.

Many of us have read about the guy with the bow and arrow and chainsaw, like here: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tor...-g20-traffic-zone-with-chainsaw-crossbow?bn=1

Police stopped a silver Hyundai Elantra on a routine traffic check around 12:30 p.m. and spotted the crossbow inside the car, they said. The car had been going west on the Esplanade and had turned up Scott St. when it was stopped.

Provincial records show the car is registered to a Gary A. McCullough.

An hour later, the suspect sat in a Court Services van at the scene, at the Esplanade and Scott St., while police and firefighters pulled items from the car, spread them on the sidewalk and examined them.

The haul also included large jugs, tools and metal rods and a laptop bag as well as three notebooks.

Police also brought in members of the hazardous material unit to go through some of the material.

What the hell was a man doing with a chainsaw and bow and arrows? Hmm, perhaps it's this guy?

http://gis.lrs.uoguelph.ca/AgriEnvArchives/gp/comlist1.html

Mr. Gary McCullough, 3W Program Manager*
Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment Canada

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the cops simply goofed? (Or perhaps it's a false flag effort--to justify spending all the money on security they gotta look like they're arresting suspected "terrorists?")

CNN was doing "man on the street" interviews in Kensington today. When asked about the cost I said that it was absurd to hold it in the middle of downtown, and that the costs were obscene, etc. etc. when I finished the woman from CNN said "PERFECT! that was just what I needed." so that should give you an idea of where the american coverage is headed....

Back